Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer II in Redmond, Washington
Engineering velocity is at the center of the new “mobile-first and cloud-first” company strategy for Microsoft and is one of the top priorities for the Applications and Service Group. For any product to win in today’s highly competitive environment, the faster we can get new features out to our customers the better we can react to feedback, adjust plans, delight and win the hearts and minds of those customers. OneDrive is a rapidly growing product that has huge amounts of unrealized potential. It is at the center of Microsoft’s cloud strategy and touches almost every piece of the company, whether it is through Windows, Office, Xbox, or our own apps. As part of the OneDrive development team, you’ll have the opportunity to fundamentally change the way that people use their devices and interact with the most important content in their lives. The OneDrive Engineering Fundamentals team is looking for a highly motivated, strong software engineer who is truly passionate about building the best quality product in the most efficient way by bringing changes and innovations to our engineering systems and enable hundreds of other developers to do their best work in an environment that is highly optimized for productivity.
As a Software Engineer II, you will be responsible for coming up with the design and the execution plan to fundamentally change how we build, test and release software to the world. You will not only contribute in engineering but also in establishing a new team culture that puts quality, agility and speed at the center of software development. Our teams’ result will be measured and the data will drive our plans and priorities. You will have the opportunity to wear multiple hats and demonstrate breadth, depth, and leadership. You will have the opportunity to directly impact all teams within OneDrive and collaborate with partner teams across the company.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with other teams within and outside OneDrive to build tools and services that shape the release pipeline, the quality of the product and the developer experience using technologies that include distributed build, workflow orchestration, data analysis, data modeling, distributed computing and object oriented programing.
• Responsibilities include shaping the engineering excellence strategy, creation of design specifications, implementation of services, code reviews, unit and functional testing, livesite support and ongoing improvements of existing engineering systems.
Skills & Qualifications:
• 5+ years of experience shipping quality software.
• Passion for improving quality, performance and reliability of engineering systems; passion for engineering excellence.
• Experience in developing, debugging and maintaining code in object oriented languages and database querying languages.
• Strong coding, debugging, algorithm design and problem solving skills.
• Ability to drive solutions from ambiguous, complicated problems.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills.
• A Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Services (engineering)