Wolf Creek Federal Services Laborer (UNION) in REDSTONE ARSENAL, Alabama
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/ General Description of Job:
Performs Laborer duties, as identified herein, in support of the Redstone Arsenal Installation Support Services contract.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Loads and unloads trucks, containers, bins, and operates other conveyances. Moves supplies and materials to proper location by use of hand truck, pallet jack, forklift, or wheelbarrow.
- Stacks materials for storage or binning, collects material and refuse for reuse, recycle or disposal, and assists in salvaging materials.
- Moves, collects, and arranges various types of material, office and household furniture, equipment and appliances.
- Assists other craftsmen in the performance of their day-to-day duties.
- Clean work interior and exterior work areas, equipment, and tools by sweeping, washing, or moving barrels, bins, etc.
- Performs heavy manual work to include: carrying boxes or bags of material weighing up to 80 pounds, loading and unloading trucks and vans of furniture, equipment, or bins, operating a jack hammer, etc.
- Supports the project Safety Plan through personal involvement in all aspects of safety to include training and adherence to safety requirements pertaining to Personal Protective Equipment or other safe practices associated with particular tasks or trades.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Working closely and harmoniously with fellow workers.
Adherence to all safety and health rules and regulations. Mandatory:
High School education or equivalent.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license with acceptable driving record pertinent to position.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks, drug test and physical/ medical clearance required on contract.
- If required by management, must be willing to obtain and maintain a valid Class B, Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
- Must be able and willing to work in inclement weather and lift at least 80 pounds.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to successfully pass a NACLC clearance, post-offer.
This is a UNION position.
Primary Location: US-Alabama-REDSTONE ARSENAL
Number of Openings: 2
Job Number: AL0100097
Req ID: AL0100097