IMVU Director of Marketing Creative Services in Redwood City, California
Director of Marketing Creative Services
Redwood City, CA
Have you worked in an advertising agency but prefer the client side? Do you think of yourself as a digital marketing leader and visionary? Will you get your hands dirty along with the rest of the team? If you answered yes to these questions, we want to know more about you! IMVU is looking for a Director of Creative Services to provide strong conceptual, creative direction and leadership at an exciting time in our Company’s growth.
• Provides overall creative direction and feedback that proactively delivers IMVU’s vision, culture and brand and ensures all creative executions align with the company’s marketing and business strategies. Builds and promotes a more direct and contemporary connection between IMVU and its consumers through the company’s visual and written communications.
• Sets the creative services group’s vision and executes its staffing and development initiatives. Leads and inspires the in-house creative team, to on-brand and intuitive design experiences from concept to execution - getting your hands dirty!
• Leads, coaches and develops the Creative Services off shore team.
• Champions brand positioning and maintains the integrity of creative standards.
• Supports all disciplines in the evaluation, development and refinement of strategic communications at the individual project, program and brand levels.
• Collaborates with internal Marketing teams to deliver integrated campaigns. Educates internal stakeholders about creative and strategic communications trends and metrics and consults with them on new opportunities.
• Seeks and engages with external agencies as partners in developing and producing the company’s brand, promotional and strategic communications. Builds strong, collaborative business partnerships with key partners.
• Creates solutions that are innovative yet usable, and within budget.
• Maintains high standards for on-time execution and attention to detail in all deliverables.
• Partners closely with all discipline leads to foster enhanced collaboration and process to ensure the desired final product.
• Translates creative briefs into persuasively visual creative advertising campaigns.
• Maintains immersion in digital culture and online social media.
• Ad Agency experience working on digital consumer brand and campaigns
• Proven track record of creating successful advertising campaigns with measurable results
• Experience creating both large and small scale interactive and web projects – including mobile engagements, digital installations, and experiential marketing
• Experience with video and story based advertising
• Experience in casual gaming and alternative marketing tactics a plus
• Solid time estimation, budget development, and resource planning skills
• Team leadership, motivational skills and a can do attitude
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills; straightforward, candid and most importantly, thoughtful and kind in communication delivery
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and keep the team motivated and focused
• Ability to meet stringent deadlines while managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Skilled at problem-solving, and conflict resolution, while providing mentorship and guidance
• Strong professional network with a wide variety of freelance creative resources
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Design or other relevant major
• Strong computer/technology skills and highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over three million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
• Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
• Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.