Washington State On-Call NURSING ASSISTANT (WVH Pool) in Retsil, Washington
This posting will be used to establish a pool of candidates for consideration to both permanent and non-permanent positions as they become available. Candidates included into this candidate pool will remain active and available for consideration to positions for 120 days from the date of application.
The Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) is comprised of more than 800 dedicated staff who strives to fulfill WDVA's mission of "Serving Those Who Served." To achieve this mission, WDVA provides critical services to veterans and their families, both in the community and among three veterans' homes within the State of Washington. WDVA is a national leader in the quality of and advocacy for veterans claims submitted to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, reaching out to Washington's more than 600,000 veterans.
WDVA operates three veterans homes in Port Orchard, Orting, and Spokane, providing Medicare and Medicaid nursing care for honorably discharged veterans, to include, in some instances, their spouses, widow(er)s, or gold star parents.
For more information, visit our website at www.dva.wa.gov.
DUTIES: Work with an award winning team and join the Washington Dept. of Veterans Affairs as a Nursing Assistant- Certified at our Washington Veterans Home (WVH). Join the mission driven team at WVH and serve our veterans as an On Call NAC. On Call NACs enjoy a flexible schedule, competitive pay, and extra compensation for evening and overnight shifts.
Under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Assists residents with personal care and daily living activities such as personal grooming and hygiene, dressing, eating, and positioning
- Performs basic nursing procedures such as applying anti-embolism stockings, taking vital signs and applying barrier cream and lotions
- Observes, documents, and reports changes in resident's condition or behavior to supervisor and keep licensed staff informed about any changes
- Maintain resident's personal inventory list and care for personal clothing and belongings; keep closets and drawers in neat order
- Performs related duties as required Qualifications
- Washington State License to practice as a Nursing Assistant- Certified
- Must be listed as active on the Omnibus Reconciliation Act (OBRA) Nurse Assistant Registry with no disqualifying findings or convictions. NOTE: Continued employment is contingent upon maintaining qualification on Nurse Assistant OBRA Registry
- At least eight hours of professional experience working as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the last two years
- Must successfully pass a Criminal History Background check every two years and remain free from disqualifying convictions.
- Must comply with health screening requirements by undergoing a tuberculosis skin test. Supplemental Information
*In your letter of interest, please include in detail how you meet the required qualifications. In addition, please include any of the preferred qualifications that you meet. Applicants who fail to include this information may not move forward in the selection process. Initial screening will be based on information contained in your response to a supplemental questionnaire, as well as your application profile. Please be sure to respond fully and completely to the supplemental questionnaire and submit a completed application profile, a current resume, and three professional references including at least two supervisors.Comments such as "see attachments" or "on file" will be considered incomplete and may not be considered to move forward in the selection process.
NOTE: Applicants wishing to claim Veterans Preference should attach a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22, or signed verification of service letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to their application. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers. For questions about Veterans Preference, Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The State of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance in the application process or testing process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 725-2204 or toll free (800) 562-0132 and select option 5. For questions about this recruitment, call (360)725 -2204. TTY users should first call 711 to access the Washington Relay Service.
Job Type: On-Call
Job Number: 2016-02052
Department: Dept. of Veterans Affairs
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $13.34 - $17.21 Hourly
Location: Kitsap County – Retsil, WA