HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Echo Sonographer in Richmond, Virginia
*For a limited time, Chippenham is offering a $2500 Sign on Bonus to Echo Techs who have at least 2 years of experience. Internal HCA employees are not eligible for this bonus. *
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Level II Trauma Center, which means we provide fast, skilled care in life’s most difficult moments. Levinson Heart Institute, located within Chippenham Hospital, cares for more hearts, veins, and arteries than any other health system in Central Virginia. Opened in 2003, Levinson was the first heart hospital in Virginia. For over a decade, physicians and hospital teams have worked tirelessly to build the region’s premier center for heart care. The Institute is an accredited Chest Pain Centers, signifying the highest level of care from the onset of symptoms through diagnosis and treatment.
Echo Tech Job duties
1. *Performs cardiac ultrasounds to evaluate pathology and function according to the Echo Lab procedural policies.
2. *Compiles reports to communicate findings to reading physicians by EMR notation and/or oral report of findings for transmittal of final evaluation.
3. Pursues professional development to prepare for additional responsibilities and improve current job performance by participating in educational meetings, independent study and maintaining appropriate certification.
4. *Maintains lab equipment to ensure optimal functioning; inspecting for breakdown, trouble-shooting and communicating with appropriate repair persons.
5. Restocks work areas with necessary supplies. Keeps work areas clean and orderly to promote patient safety.
6. *Correlates test results with other modalities in order to maintain quality control and to establish current accuracy.
7. *Utilizes appropriate communication and interpersonal skills with patients, families, physicians and staff.
8. Assists the physician as needed during procedures and monitors physiological parameters during
procedures. 9. * Performs job to ensure quality care is provided within defined area of accountability. 10. * Safely transports machine to patient room to perform exam or transports patients to office as necessary. 11. * Takes call after regular hours. 12. Communicates effectively with Department Leader, Clinical Coordinator, staff members and physicians and serves as a liaison to promote interdepartmental relationships.
EXPERIENCE Preferred - Two Years Echo experience. RCS and RDCS certification required
EDUCATION Required - Graduate of an accredited program in Echo/Vascular/Cardiac Sonography. Will have confirmation letter from ARDMS with test date by the first anniversary date of employment. Preferred - Registered Diagnostic Sonographer.
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Echo Sonographer
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Chippenham Hospital
Requisition ID: 00035-33844