HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Echo Sonographer in Richmond, Virginia
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- *Performs cardiac ultrasounds to evaluate pathology and function according to the Echo Lab procedural policies.
- *Compiles reports to communicate findings to reading physicians by EMR notation and/or oral report of findings for transmittal of final evaluation.
- Pursues professional development to prepare for additional responsibilities and improve current job performance by participating in educational meetings, independent study and maintaining appropriate certification.
- *Maintains lab equipment to ensure optimal functioning; inspecting for breakdown, trouble-shooting and communicating with appropriate repair persons.
- Restocks work areas with necessary supplies. Keeps work areas clean and orderly to promote patient safety.
- *Correlates test results with other modalities in order to maintain quality control and to establish current accuracy.
- *Utilizes appropriate communication and interpersonal skills with patients, families, physicians and staff.
- Assists the physician as needed during procedures and monitors physiological parameters during
- Performs job to ensure quality care is provided within defined area of accountability.
- Safely transports machine to patient room to perform exam or transports patients to office as necessary.
- Takes call after regular hours.
- Communicates effectively with Department Leader, Clinical Coordinator, staff members and physicians and serves as a liaison to promote interdepartmental relationships.
*THOSE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS WITH AN () ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS JOB.*
Title: Echo Sonographer
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Chippenham Hospital
Requisition ID: 00035-33844