Hospice Partners of America Intake Coordinator in Richmond, Virginia
The Intake Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of the patient intake process to ensure hospice admissions in an organized and timely manner. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with co-workers, customers and referral sources. Responds appropriately to customer requests and concerns. Coordinates the insurance verification process. Maintains active communication with all participants during the admission process.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Demonstrates exceptional service to patients, families, referral sources, co-workers and other customers. Assists team members as needed to ensure that this level of service is consistently provided.
- Demonstrates excellent telephone etiquette skills. Answers and responds to all telephone calls in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the collection of all information required for hospice admission. Communicates timely regarding any missing information.
- Maintains close communication with the sales team, clinical team, referral source and patient during the referral/admission process. .
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral sources
- Maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of contractual relationships and ensures that patients are admitted according to contract provisions.
- Ensures appropriate authorization is obtained prior to admission of all patients.
- Provides complete and accurate documentation of intake activities for each patient. Enters initial patient information into the electronic medical record in a timely manner
- Provides timely follow-up for all incomplete admissions including referrals that were “not-taken-under care" for various reasons.
- Provides assistance to community education team in meeting community education needs.
- Participates in sales calls when requested.
- May function as a representative of the organization at community meetings, civic and professional organizations as needed.
- Actively participates with agency leadership team to identify issues impacting the referral/admission process and potentials opportunities for improvement. Required Skills
Successful completion of CPR certification. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills. Must be a licensed driver, with a good driving record, with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements.
Prior home health or hospice experience required. Candidates must possess prior healthcare experience and possess a working knowledge of general medical conditions and terms. Ideal candidates will possess a formal healthcare education, such as a LPN.
Tracking Code: 529-086
Job Location: Richmond, Virginia, United States
Position Type: Part-Time