HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Quality Data Specialist in Richmond, Virginia
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- *Provides first line supervision for Quality Data Specialist assigned to him/her.
- *Coordinates staff schedules, participates in selection of new employees and evaluates each employee as required.
- *Provides and/or coordinates education for staff and new employee orientation.
- Assures that payroll information is correct and current.
- Participates in departmental operations and meetings.
- Develops new policies and procedures for area as well as reviews and revises policies and procedures.
- Performs clinical evaluation of the medical record including physician documentation and clinical
results including lab, diagnostic information and treatment plansPerforms patient medical record / clinical information extraction.
- *Ensures data integrity through routine validation and data entry methods, is able to perform IRR as necessary. Also maintains data security and confidentiality at all times.
- *Collaborates with the hospital staff and the medical staff to improve care through the use of proven PI techniques and interactions.
- Provides data entry and collection training to staff as necessary.
- Uses data analysis concepts during the data collection / reporting process.
- Performs additional retrospective and/or concurrent patient medical record review to abstract clinical data for organizational QA/PI initiatives.
- Identifies data variances and communicates them to appropriate team members as necessary.
EXPERIENCE: * * *Required - *Minimum 3 year’s clinical experience. Moderate to advanced computer skills, including the spreadsheet, database and data entry proficiency. Is proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
EDUCATION: * *Required - RN;BSN or MSN preferred. * * LICENSURE: Required- *Valid Virginia nursing license. *
Title: Quality Data Specialist
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest
Requisition ID: 00448-34725