The Mosaic Company IT Project Mgmt Analyst in Riverview, Florida
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next IT Analyst- Project Management?
The IT Analyst – Project Management will manage, develop and mentor resources assigned to small-scale IT projects while ensuring time, budget and success of the assigned project. Responsibilities will include full life-cycle project management activities for small- to mid-scale IT projects, as well as providing project management support to senior-level IT project managers on large scale projects/programs, maintaining project documentation, identifying and resolving issues, gathering business requirements, coordinating project plans, and providing input and suggestions to improve Mosaic’s project management practices and methodologies. The IT Analyst - Project Management will exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service and enthusiasm.
What will you do?
- Manage smaller scale IT projects from initiation through delivery ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints
- Work with internal/external clients to gather business requirements and coordinate project plans
- Identify project scope, develop implementation plan, engage key stakeholders, define and coordinate activities, communicate changes and progress, build commitment, overcome resistance and lead project teams
- Work with senior-level IT program / project managers on programs or large scale projects
- Manage program sub projects from initiation through delivery ensuring the project meets or exceeds all requirements relating to time, quality, accuracy and budget
- Manage key deliverables for IT programs or large scale IT projects ensuring timely / accurate delivery and effective issue/risk management and resolution
- Generate suggestions for improving project management practices and methodologies
- Engage the department staff to transfer knowledge and educate personnel on effective project and process improvement methodologies
- Assist in providing project management auditing services to projects and mentor project managers and leaders in the concepts of the project management standards
What do you need for this role?
- Associate’s degree required preferably in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering or Business. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification preferred
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Experience and/or has played a role on large projects preferred
- Experience with both infrastructure and application project delivery
- Experience in a wide variety of IT technologies related to both application and infrastructure areas
- Experience in commodity or fertilizer business preferred
- Proven experience with Microsoft Project Server 2003 and Microsoft Office toolset
- Strong verbal, written, listening and presentation communication skills
- Must be able to work in ambiguous situations
- Must have the ability to make timely decisions
- Strong abilities in priority setting, planning and structuring project deliverables
- Ability to successfully manage conflict
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to think “outside of the box” when faced with project related problems or issues
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities
The Mosaic Company
As one of the world’s largest producers and marketers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients, Mosaic delivers value from mine to market. Driven by our mission to help the world grow the food it needs, our nearly 9,000 employees deliver about 20 million tonnes of crop nutrient and feed products each year to customers in approximately 40 countries.
We conduct our work with integrity and excellence, and we strive to be a thoughtful neighbor in each of our operating communities. We use our financial resources, expertise and innovative spirit to demonstrate our shared commitment to good corporate citizenship.
The Mosaic Company (NYSE:MOS) is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota.
At Mosaic, we believe success comes when we make smart choices about our stewardship of the environment, how we engage our people, and the way we manage our resources. We’re committed to maintaining a safe, healthy and respectful work environment for our workforce. And we’re dedicated to ensuring Mosaic is a place where people are proud to work and grow.
Mosaic is always looking for bright, passionate individuals who are motivated by our purpose, and who want to build their careers with a global leader in agriculture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, as well as meaningful career development opportunities.