Fairmont Handyman / Helper in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Creating an engaging work environment for Colleagues of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is as important as turning moments into memories for our guests. Your organization skills and the values you model as Handyman/Helper.
Located just north of the city, Fairmont Riyadh will be part of a new mixed-use development project comprising the hotel, a convention center and commercial real estate space that will house multinational corporations as well as regional companies. The hotel will feature 298 spacious guestrooms, including Fairmont Gold. Guests will enjoy a selection of dining venues as well as spa and fitness facilities. The convention center comprises 4,000 square meters of meeting and function space.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Different simple Electrical and plumbing tasks/working very closely with other technicians.
- Landscape tasks.
- Dispose of trash/ Shifting of engineering materials.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Tighten cabinetry or appliance hardware.
- Fix leaky pipes and clean drains.
- Occasional Masonry work and assist Mason in his routine works.
- Test wiring.
- Replace windows.
- Touch-up painted surfaces.
- Fix broken tile.
- Polish floors.
- Provide upkeep and maintenance to outdoor areas such as yards and landscapes and walkways.
- Assemble prefabricated new furniture or cabinets.
- Ensure clean safe and healthy work environment including but not limited to technical plants, engineering offices and workshops.
- Previous experience is an asset
Handymen should know some basic math skills as well as be able to read and write, so a high school education is recommended.
2 years’ experience in hotel engineering operations or building maintenance.
Must be organized.
Arabic and English speaking a strong asset.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift.
Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps.
Eligible candidate will be provided visa to have work permit required as per the local law.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-Riyadh-Fairmont Riyadh
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Closing Date: 17.Dec.2016, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: RIY00324