Lifetime Care Home Health Aide Training - NOV/DEC TRAINING DATES in Rochester, New York
Lifetime Care is pleased to announce our remaining 2016 Home Health Aide Training Program Dates. *Classes are tuition-free and held in our Rochester office located at 3111 Winton Road South. *
Our Training Classes are available for those who demostrate a commitment to working for Lifetime Care after graduating from the Class. An interview, background checks and references, pre-training physical exam and drug test are required prior to consideration for admittance to the HHA Training Class.
Future Dates of Classes are:
- NOVEMBER 7-30
- DECEMBER 5-22
NOTE: Must be available to attend all of the classes as outlined above from 8:15AM to 4:15PM and an OFFSITE Clinical Practice Training starting at 7:30AM.
Upon successful completion of HHA Training, Lifetime Care/Home Care Plus provides a job offer to all graduates! (See below for job qualifications/requirements to work as an HHA for Lifetime Care/Home Care Plus)
SUMMARY: While following an individualized patient Care Plan as prescribed and ordered by a physician, Home Health Aides provide quality care to home-bound individuals requiring assistance with personal care and home support services. Assists with the physical/personal care of the individual to restore the activities of daily living. Home Health Aides maintain and record/write accurate patient records.
- Observing and recording/documenting patient’s care, symptoms, emotional and physical status (vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations and intake/output).
- Providing personal care assistance and home support services while supporting the patient's physical and emotional well-being. This will include assisting with morning care, evening care, toileting, bathing, and more.
- Maintaining a safe/hazard free and clean environment.
- Proper hand washing technique.
- Planning and preparing meals.
- Safe and proper patient transfering; including safe operation of Hoyer Lift and other equipment.
- Completing required paperwork according to established company policies.
- Reporting pertinent observations and significant changes in patient’s condition to Registered Nurse.
- Assisting with medications which are ordinarily self-administered and which a physician has prescribed.
- Supportive activities participation (to ensure maximum patient independence within their own residence).
- Maintains high regard for patient and family privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and the HIPAA.
Eligibility Criteria for HCP Employment as a Certified Home Health Aide:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must possess evidence of Certified HHA Class completion.
- Must have the ability to independently read, write, understand, and carry out directions or instructions and maintain simple records.
- Demonstrates commitment to outstanding customer service both internally and externally.
- Must possess Valid NYS Driver's License (Learners Permits are not acceptable) and own reliable vehicle.
- Must respect patient confidentiality, have an empathetic attitude toward patients and families requiring care and must complete annual Home Health Aide education in-service requirements as required.
- Pre-training and pre-employment physical examination required to ensure the applicants ability to perform the essential responsibilities of the job. An annual health assessment as required by NYS Department of Health is also required.
Physical Requirements: In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition Number: 16-1148
Post Date: 9/23/2016
Title: Home Health Aide Training - NOV/DEC TRAINING DATES