University of Rochester Payment Posting Specialist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 008 URMFG Business Office
8 AM-4:30 PM
With latitude for initiative and judgment the Medical Faculty Group Business Office Payment Posting Specialist is responsible for timely patient and third party payment posting, contractual adjustments, carrier risk adjustment and patient deductibles transactions to the appropriate accounts. The Payment Positing Specialist will report on the financial transactions and their impact to the URMFG Administration as well as the billing departments. The Payment Posting Specialist will verify and generate requests for refunds of overpayments. Payment Posting Specialists are responsible to create and generate reports of missing batches to the originating department to facilitate the reconciliation of all payments posted to Flowcast system to ensure payments posted have been secured by the University. The Payment Posting Specialist will initiate daily deposits of the Medical Faculty Group Business Office and coordinate delivery to the bank. Maintaining various departmental databases and spreadsheets is included with the Payment Posting Specialist duties. The position requires excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and understanding of sound financial controls, ability to interpret University ledger reports, and strong analytical abilities.
With general direction of the Billing Office Manager and with latitude for initiative and judgment:
Responsible for Payment Posting for the following, within the time frame of the Service Level Agreement:
- Post Blue Shield/Blue Choice Electronic Files.
- Post Medicare Electronic Files.
- Post Self-Pay Electronic Files
- Post MVP Electronic Files
- Post WNY Electronic Files
- Post Third Party Commercial Insurance /Patient Endorsed Payments.
- Reverse charged off accounts and Post Payments from Mercantile Adjustment Bureau, Rochester Credit Bureau, CBCS and IC Systems, the collection agencies representing the URMFG Self-Pay accounts.
Financial Services Provided:
- Posting of Interest Paid or Penalty Fees.
- Posting Denials using the rejection subsystem.
- Posting Commercial Insurance Denials.
- Post Payment to the Overpayment Account.
- IDX Batch and Account Reconciliation.
- Credit Card Payment Posting.
- Initiate overpayment refunds to patients.
- Payment transfers from invoice to invoice/department to department.
Preparation and Recording Deposit activity:
- Creation and reconciliation of Deposit Forms.
- Preparation of checks for deposit.
- Coordinate Deposits with currier.
- Batch/Deposit Reconciliation Report.
- FGBO Account Deposit Reconciliation Report.
- Payments Posted to Collection Agency Accounts Reports.
- Electronic Remittances Billing Department Reports.
- Insufficient Checks Reports.
- Batch Assignment Reports.
- Credit Card Reports.
- Service Level Agreement Statistical Reports.
Processes Incoming and Outgoing Mail
- Delivers mail to the appropriate location as defined by department.
- Sorts and re-routes incoming department mail.
- Mails statements, receipts, requisitions and letters.
- May identify items requiring immediate or personal attention.
- Sort and process patient payments.
- Repair work is to be inspected before payment for services is rendered.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in Business Administration and 2 years of medical patient accounting or consumer accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Payment Posting Specialist
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 203909
Full/Part Time: Full-Time