University of Rochester Secretary IV in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 CVSL - Vascular Surgery
8 AM-4:30 PM
Using independent judgment and initiative, the position provides administrative support for Faculty members of the Division of Cardiac Surgery, and to the Director, Faculty, and the Administrator. This position requires superior skills to complete a large volume of work under time constraints. The position requires extensive knowledge of Hospital and University Policies and Procedures, strong organizational, communication, and computer skills. This position requires a courteous individual with superior interpersonal and communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
Support the clinical activities of the faculty members as assigned.
- Coordinate physicians’ electronic schedules for meetings, travel, and clinical visits. Requires knowledge/ability to utilize IDX web-based scheduling software in order to monitor physicians’ clinical obligations for patient appointments.
- Schedules appointments, tests, and surgeries, coordinating appointments, tests and consults in preparation for surgery or further clinical work-up.
- Manage the intake of new referrals through various sources, including eRecord work-queue, faxed referrals, and phone calls from outside providers. This requires entering new patients into multiple systems, including Flowcast.
- Participate in the phone answering system (ACD) to monitor/answer incoming calls to the Division main line for physician-practice business related issues. Requires ability to triage incoming calls to determine what action can be taken at the time of the call, what calls should be transferred to another area, and what calls should be forwarded to a physician.
- Coordinates maintenance of patient records, including office charts, scanning, documentation for billing, completion/submission of documents regarding patient care and insurance. Transcribes, proofreads, and ensures accuracy and timeliness of all written materials, including medical reports and correspondence, and business correspondence. Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software. Researches Hospital medical records for information requested by physicians, insurance companies and attorneys.
Administrative support for the Director and Administrator
- Assemble, review for accuracy, and process general accounting and Request for Payment forms for individual business expenses. Requires knowledge of University accounting systems and ability to properly determine account numbers and sub-account ledger numbers to assign to operating expenses.
- Monitor physician credentialing status and documentation to ensure that physicians have all necessary medical/legal training paperwork up-to-date credentialing forms, return of requested forms to appropriate agencies, and onsite storage of documentation for future reference in an easily accessible manner.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail items as well as gather outgoing correspondence. Requires determination of what immediate follow-up is needed for incoming requests for physicians and initiating necessary actions for such requests.
- Communicate with Division Administrator, regarding operational issues, practice concerns, and quality assurance matters. Attend departmental meetings for training purposes or participation in addressing a specific operational issue.
- Performs other related duties as required
2 years of post-High School education: secretarial or equivalent. At least 3 years of secretarial, word processing and practical office experience with demonstrated ability for work with limited direction. Advanced secretarial or word processing skills with demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite. Competent in computer and internet use. The ability to operate standard office machines and equipment. Preferred experience in administrative office of an academic, medical, service, business or comparable department OR a combination of formal training and experience equivalent.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary IV
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 203939
Full/Part Time: Full-Time