Entegee Electrical Project Manager - 53549092 - SB in Rockford, Illinois
Electrical Project Manager - 53549092 - SB
Job Code: 53549092Job Location: Rockford, ILCategory: Electrical EngineeringLast Updated: 10/05/2016Apply Now!
Electrical Project Manager:
• Provide technical guidance and direction in the selection and implementation of control systems and hardware required to operate machine tools.
• Participate and lead design reviews internally and with customers.
• Write and maintain functional specifications of the machine that instruct others within the organization regarding how the machine should work and perform.
• Provide technical directions to outside resources when used to design the control system.
• Work with suppliers to accurately define and quote the control systems required for projects.
• Provide technical support for projects in assembly or commissioned machines in the field.
• Responsible for product design, function, ergonomics, and safety.
• Work with suppliers to define the control systems designs required, obtain supplier quotations, create and release bill of materials.
• Work with internal and contract engineers to assure designs are executed properly and on time.
• Oversee and review proposals, estimates, design concepts and drawings, calculations, specifications and safety standards.
• Maintain and schedule timing to release electrical projects on time.
• Work with and assist the Customer Service Engineer to resolve customer problems.
• Support Quality Assurance with design related problems and discrepant material depositions.
• Conduct root cause analysis and determine correct actions.
• Support marketing efforts by making customer calls and preparing technical proposals.
• Mentor new engineers.
• Some travel may be required.
• A Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science is required.
• Five (5) years of experience in a similar field.
• Must have an ability to design electrical systems or software systems for controlling of automated machinery.
• Must have a demonstrated understanding of complex control system architectures.
• Must have a demonstrated broad knowledge of electrical engineering, software engineering, and logic design.
• Must have advanced mathematical skills and/or knowledge of Control Theory.
• Must have Siemens or FANUC experience.
• Knowledge of common U.S. and International Electrical and Safety Codes are generally required.
• Must be a self-starter with strong engineering problem solving skills and advanced technical skills
• The ability to lead and motivate others.
• Must have good communications skills both written and verbal to communicate complex technical concepts to Engineering Management and customers.
• A strong knowledge of machine tool types, their function, and typical machining processes is required.
• A working knowledge of the company information system tools including mainframe and network based systems.
• Broad knowledge of fluid systems and the application of fluid systems components is desired.
• Experience with CNC systems and industrials drives.
• Experience with Siemens CNC 840Dsl/Step 7 PLC and/or Fanuc Ladder is strongly desired.
• General exposure to high level language programming such as C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, VB.net is desired but not required.
• Personal computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and scheduling software.
For more information about this position, please contact the Entegee New Hope, MN office at 763-577-9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference job # 53549092SB
Equal Opportunity Employer