AAJV (APS-ARTI Joint Venture, LLC) Security Manager I - Industrial Security/VAR/NISPOM* in Rosslyn, Virginia
Overall program support to the Department of State (DoS), to include providing support to the Bureau of Diplomatic Security’s Industrial Security Division.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct initial review of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) contractor VARs, submitted in accordance with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), for accuracy; reviewing applicable DS databases to ensure personnel are appropriately cleared and authorized for contract performance/travel overseas. Input VAR information into applicable databases, as needed.
- Review high volume of electronic Country Clearances (eCCs), drafted by OBO and other DoS elements, for contractor personnel traveling overseas, resolving any issues with the eCCs prior to certifying personnel security clearance information to the Regional Security Officers (RSO). Prioritize workload to ensure that time sensitive eCCs are addressed accordingly.
- Certify personnel security clearances to Department of State Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs) and/or RSOs, who request such information prior to affording access to contractor personnel.
- Verify Facility Clearance information from the Industrial Security Facility Database (ISFD) regarding firms bidding on DoS contracts with OBO, to the Acquisitions office.
- Assist with the review of requests for proposals and contracts for OBO contractors, identifying and ensuring that the appropriate security language and Contract Security Classification Specifications (DD Forms 254) are included in the procurement documentation.
- Provide advice and assistance to DoS offices, principally OBO, and contractor personnel regarding personnel security requirements for accessing classified information both domestically and abroad.
- Participate in ongoing security awareness program designed to educate others in the requirements of the Department’s Industrial Security Program, focusing on personnel, contract and facility clearance requirements.
- Responsible for the integrity of classified and sensitive but unclassified information storage, record maintenance, and data retrieval.
- Assist in identifying and working to resolve incidents of contractor mishandling of classified information.
- Undergraduate in related associated technical, security or management discipline, with three to five years related specialized security experience. Degree not required with five to seven years of specialized experience.
- Specialized experience includes security policy and security standard development, risk analysis and scheduling, logistics, budget analysis, project management planning responsibilities. Experience with applicable security requirements and practices in the civilian sector of the Federal government. Must have demonstrated experience consistent with security principles and best practices with applicable Federal regulations and guidelines.
- One (1) year of direct Government contracting experience at task/project management level desired.
- Excellent reading comprehension, writing and communications skills that include the ability to effectively communicate with personnel from various program offices within the Bureau, Department, and other agencies to be successful in research and reporting assignments.
- Must have strong computer skills to include proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in performing data entry, running queries, and executing reports in MS Access or related user-end database software.
- Ability to adapt and quickly learn various computer software and applications.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels in a dynamic work environment is required.
Mandatory Requirement: *Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information; *minimum of Secret personnel security clearance required.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Advanced Resource Technology, Inc. is committed to a work environment free of all forms of discrimination and member of DHS E-Verify Program.
Advanced Resource Technology, Inc. recruits and hires without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Title: Security Manager I - Industrial Security/VAR/NISPOM*
Req Number: SEC-16-00006
Location: Rosslyn, VA
Current Clearance Level: Interim Secret
Clearance Level: Secret