Army National Guard Units (Title 32) SURFACE MAINTENANCE REPAIRER SUPERVISOR in Salem, Oregon
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Salem, OR
Work Schedule is Full Time - Excepted Service Permanent
Opened Wednesday 10/12/2016 (14 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 11/7/2016 (12 day(s) away)
OREGON ARMY NATIONAL GUARD STATEWIDE TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
For more information on the Oregon National Guard please visit:
Oregon Military Department
OREGON NATIONAL GUARD CORE VALUES: Character, Confidence, Courage, Commitment (CCCC)
OREGON NATIONAL GUARD VISION: Oregon National Guard will provide the citizens of the State of Oregon and the United States with the ready force of citizen soldiers and airman, equipped and trained to respond to any contingency natural or manmade.
SURFACE MAINTENANCE REPAIRER SUPERVISOR FMS 4
Salem, OR United States 1 vacancy Appointment Type:Excepted Service Permanent Official Position Description #: D1289000 Series/Grade:WS-*5801-08/08 Salary Range:$29.87-$34.84 *Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance Candidates must have a valid state driver's license PCS is not Authorized
MEMBERSHIP IN THE NATIONAL GUARD IS REQUIRED: This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in the Oregon National Guard as a condition of employment. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an Excepted Service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Unit of military assignment is any supporting unit of FMS 4. Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program. Acceptance of a permanent or indefinite position with the Oregon National Guard will cause termination from any Guard Recruitment Bonus or Guard paid student loan. A law enforcement background check may be required prior to appointment to this position. By submitting a resume or application for this position, you authorize this agency to accomplish the check. This is a dual-status position and membership in the Oregon National Guard is required. By submitting this application you are affirming to the validity of the information you have provided.
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: 1st Area: Current permanent full time support personnel of the Oregon Army National Guard (ARNG) 2nd Area: All members of the Oregon Army National Guard (ARNG)
Application materials must be received in our office by Monday, November 07, 2016. Failure to provide complete information may result in your not receiving consideration for this position. Please refer to the Qualifications and Evaluations section to understand the qualification requirements, and How To Apply Section for detailed instruction on applying.
INTRODUCTORY: This position is located in the Joint Forces HeadquartersState, Logistics Directorate (J-4), Surface Maintenance Facility, in a small Field Maintenance Shop (FMS). Responsible for directly supervising workers to accomplish work. Plans work operations that that are complex and require administrative authority. Determines the sequence, priority, and time for performance of operations within the limits of broad work schedules and time limits. The occupation and grade level which best reflects the nature of the overall work operations supervised is Surface Maintenance Repairer, WG-5801-08.MAJOR DUTIES:
(1) Planning: Plans use of subordinate workers, equipment, facilities, and materials on a week-to-week or month-to-month basis. Establishes deadlines, priorities, and work sequences, and plans work assignments based on general work schedules, methods, and policies set by the supervisor. Coordinates work with supporting or related work functions controlled by other supervisors. Determines the number and types of workers needed to accomplish specific projects. Redirects individual workers and resources to accomplish unanticipated work. Informs the supervisor of the need to revise work schedules and re-estimate labor and other resources. Participates with the supervisor in the initial planning of current and future work schedules, budget requests, staffing needs, estimates, and recommendations as to scheduling projected work. Uses automation capabilities to ensure financial resources are available to purchase materials required to complete each job. Coordinates any additional financial resources with the supervisor, as required. (2) Work Direction: Investigates work related problems such as excessive costs or low productivity and determines causes. Implements corrective actions within authority to resolve work problems. Recommends solutions to staffing problems, engineering requirements, and work operations directed by other supervisors. Suggests ways or methods to improve operations or reduce costs. (3) Administration: Plans and establishes overall leave schedules. Determines training needs of subordinates and arranges for accomplishment. Sets performance standards, and makes formal appraisals of subordinate work performance. Initiates recommendations for promotion or reassignment of subordinates. Ensures regulations governing safety and housekeeping are observed with appropriate protective clothing and equipment being utilized.
*The above description only mentions a limited amount of the position's official duties. For a full comprehensive document that covers all the duties of the position, please contact one of the Recruitment Specialist at the bottom of the announcement.
- Occasional Travel
- For job training and organization mission requirements.
- Must maintain membership in the ORARNG as a condition of employment.
- You must be assigned to a compatible unit and military duty position.
- Maximum Rank: CW3/W-3
- Announcement open to Warrant Officers & Enlisted members only.
- Enlisted members must be eligible to commission within two years from DOH.
- WO MOS: 88A, 882A, 91A, 92A; ENL MOS: 25, 88, 91, 92, 94
- Applicants who do not possess compatible MOS(s), will still be considered.
METHOD OF EVALUATING QUALIFICATIONS:
Work involves the repair, adjustment and maintenance of self propelled transportation and other mobile equipment (except aircraft). Experience or training which demonstrates that the candidate has the ability to organize assignments for subordinates, estimate material and manpower needed for specific jobs; able to explain manuals and work procedures; and to prepare production records, work records and reports.
Applicants applying at the WS-08 level must have 36 months of general and specialized experience or training diagnosing, repairing, overhauling, and modifying more complex vehicles, equipment, and more complicated systems. Experience which has provided a thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment. Experience applying independent judgment in determining methods and techniques required to solve unusually complex maintenance and repair problems. Experienced in testing, inspecting, and evaluating the work performed on vehicles, equipment and systems. Experience or training using common hand and power tools and a small variety of test and measurement devices to make mechanical repairs. Experience removing, adjusting, replacing, cleaning, and installing a variety of parts, components, and accessories. Experience which demonstrates a basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic theory applying to vehicles; and skill to replace, fit, install, and make adjustments. Experience demonstrating an understanding of the makeup and operation of the various individual systems maintained and their interrelationships. Experience reading and interpreting parts lists, manufactures' repair manuals, diagrams, and electrical schematics. In addition to the journeyman level knowledge, experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel. Experience which required the review of work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines. Experience that provided knowledge of various lines of work performed by this function. Experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes. Experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations.
None to list for this position.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience:
None to list for this position.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
If any supplemental documentation for education or certifications are required it will be listed here.
If the position requires a driver's license, applicant will be expected to obtain and maintain a satisfactory State of Oregon Driver's License. Driver's licenses from other states will be accepted pending they are recognized by the State of Oregon DMV and adhere to National Guard Technician Personnel Regulations.
If position requires security clearance. Individuals must currently possess or obtain and maintain a satisfactory Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance in accordance with position requirements.
Applicants are subject to Police Record Check. Applicants can pre-emptively fill out the PDF form below at the link.
On the Police Records Check Form DD-369 please fill out sections 2 through 9, sign block 11, and leave line 10 blank. Once complete please upload along with application packet.
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and/or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees! The following Web address provides a reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees. Some of these are but not limited to: Flexible Spending Accounts,*Health Insurance,Leave,Life Insurance,Long Term Care Insurance, and *Retirement Program.**
For Any Questions or Concerns in regards to this announcement, please contact the following personnel at the Oregon Military Department:
SSG Velasquez, Pedro Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment/Placement/Compensation) Oregon Military Department JFHQ-Human Resources Office Salem, OR 97301 Business Number: (503)584-3926; DSN: 355-3926 Business E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SSG Chitwood, Edward D. Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment/Placement/Compensation) Oregon Military Department JFHQ-Human Resources Office Salem, OR 97301 Business Contact: (503)584-3841; DSN: 355-3841 Business E-Mail: email@example.com
Salary Range: $29.87 to $34.84 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WS-5801-08/08
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified applicants in the 1st and 2nd Areas of Consideration.
Control Number: 453173200
Job Announcement Number: ORAR16-276 718763