L-3 Communications SAP Quality Analyst in Salt Lake City, Utah
This position is primarily focused on complex data extraction using SAP Business Objects or SQL, for the purposes of dashboards, metrics, predictive/risk based analytics and evolving reporting needs. The successful candidate must be able to get the “source data” in the SAP Universe/Table Structure, while also understanding who loads the data and why – e.g. a basic understanding of the business processes and what it is trying to accomplish.
The position will develop new reports, metrics and data analysis techniques, which are easy to interpret/understand and will be used by management and staff for decision making purposes. Provides consulting and recommendations to management, identifies trends, risks and improvement opportunities based on complex data analysis/interpretation.
The successful candidate will be able to train others on the reports/tools he/she has created, provide confident recommendations, and continually network with other functional areas for best practices regarding reporting/data extraction.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
· Utilize a deep understanding of SAP “Universe” and Table Structure, linking and merging data from different sources to develop new reports, metrics and dashboards.
· Provide recommendations about data entry or SAP enhancements to improve and standardize how data is captured (data input) to improve reporting (data output).
· Provide tailored reporting needs specific and relevant to different functional departments and their job roles – e.g. Supplier Quality, Receiving Inspection, Program Management, Supply Chain, etc.
· Gather, analyze, and quantify supplier performance data from all sources, risk modeling, program specific reports and Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ) related to supplied materials.
· Support data analysis for Bid and Proposals, cost estimating models, and bid gap analysis.
· Train others on how to use the data and reports.
· Clearly document the report structure and improve Quality acumen for long-term sustainability, maintenance and update needs for previously released reports.
· Conduct benchmarking internally and externally for best practices, tool enhancements, data modeling, and graphs.
· Support Supply Chain Management and IRM with Quality inputs to supplier tools and projects.
· Interface with IRM / IT to make updates and enhancements to SAP transactions, changes to processes – e.g. modify SAP fields, configuration and/or customization.
· Support internal process improvement initiatives that rely on data.
This position requires the ability to mine data for reporting specific to SAP, Business Objects (BOBJ), HANA and/or SQL.
· Ability and interest to manage large, complex and disconnected data sources and then merge them into easy to understand and actionable reports.
· Highly analytical with excellent data analysis and problem solving skills.
· Confident in presenting reports, data, and making connections to business processes.
· Excellent communication skills, with emphasis on verbal communication to express ideas in a concise and professional manner.
· A self-starter, highly autonomous and able to resolve problems independently.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. Information Systems, Information Technology, or Computer Engineering is preferred.
- Ability to learn Quality, Supply Chain and/or Manufacturing processes in a high tech program driven environment.
A basic understanding of Quality related processes, as well as continuous improvement techniques is desired.
Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the successful applicant's skills, education and experience.
Due to the nature of our work qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
L-3 Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. L-3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage minorities, females, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. L-3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance-abuse testing and background checks.
Stay connected and learn more about L-3 Communication Systems-West in Salt Lake City, UT
Organization: *Division - Communication Systems West-20000036
Title: SAP Quality Analyst
Location: Utah-Salt Lake City
Requisition ID: 084847