L-3 Communications Supplier Development Engineer in Salt Lake City, Utah
This position is formultiple openings , which may be filled by different grades based on the successful applicant’s skills, education and experience.
TheSupplier Development Engineer is responsible to lead the development and deployment of Supplier Intelligence and Development tools and processes. Develop early lifecycle engagement activities, identify supplier development needs, execute capability and risk assessments, supply base rationalization, technology roadmaps, as well support make/buy and source selection activities. Help facilitate a culture of pro-active risk reduction and continuous improvement into the department systems and processes, as well as the supply base. This position requires a blend of technical and analytical ability, strong verbal and written communication skills and a high degree of professional acumen.
· Conduct supplier Capability & Risk Assessments regarding supplier’s manufacturing capabilities, capacity, technology and quality processes.
· Establish, maintain methodology, risk profile and supplier intelligence central repository/knowledge sharing.
· Facilitate supplier exit strategies for high risk situations, execute supplier rationalization efforts, and partner with cross functional team members for supply base realignment.
· Serve as Quality cross-functional team member for the Make/Buy process and strategic source selection decisions.
· Develop inputs and enhancements to the Approved Supplier List process.
· Support major work transfers and high risk supplier transitions.
· Develop processes to facilitate Technology Roadmap alignment with L-3 supply base and coordinate closely with cross-functional team members for emerging supplier needs.
· Develop and improve supplier analytics and measurement techniques such as Risk Ratings, Cost of Quality, and Readiness Ratings.
· Develop new techniques for early program engagement and supplier development to minimize program risk.
· Lead process improvement activities to help mature and standardize internal processes.
· Provide Lessons Learned to Supplier Transition and Management processes and/or Design Engineering.
· A Bachelors degree in Science Technology Engineering Math (STEM) is required. A Master’s degree in Business or Engineering is strongly preferred.
· 7 years of technical experience in Quality, Engineering and/or Operations within the Aerospace and Defense sector.
· Outstanding leadership skills, proven ability to successfully collaborate in a matrix environment.
· Experience in all phases of the product lifecycle with emphasis on initial quality planning activities.
· Experience with supplier development and continuous improvement activities are strongly preferred.
· Proficient at preparing and presenting clear and concise presentations to suppliers, customers, and management.
· Relevant technical experience with systems level, electrical, electro mechanical, RF, antenna systems preferred.
· Relevant training or desire to obtain certification/s in Quality, such as Lead Auditor , CQE, Six Sigma, or other applicable.
· Advanced proficiency in MS Office software. Experience with SAP a plus but not required.
· Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
· Ability to develop strong working relationships with the suppliers and internal customers.
· Ability to support travel to suppliers, estimated at 30% .
- Due to the nature of our work this position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
This position may require overtime, weekend, holiday and/or non-standard working hours.
L-3 Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. L-3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage minorities, females, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. L-3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance-abuse testing and background checks.
Organization: *Division - Communication Systems West-20000036
Title: Supplier Development Engineer
Location: Utah-Salt Lake City
Requisition ID: 084845