L3 Technologies Supplier Quality Engineer in Salt Lake City, Utah
This position is formultiple openings , which may be filled by different grades based on the successful applicant’s skills, education and experience.
TheSupplier Quality Engineer is responsible to execute pre-production planning and transition to production activities with the supply base to facilitate program success and mitigate risk. Lead supplier technical interchanges, standardized readiness reviews and ensure Key Control Characteristics and process controls are in place. Help facilitate a culture of pro-active risk reduction and continuous improvement into the department processes and minimize factory disruptions. Work collaboratively with cross functional stakeholders such as Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality, Program Management, and Operations to ensure suppliers understand all technical and contractual requirements and are capable of providing product that satisfies L-3 Purchase Order and Program customer requirements.
This position requires a blend of technical and analytical ability, strong verbal and written communication skills and a high degree of professional acumen.
· Execute and refine techniques for early program engagement during supplier solicitation, pre and post PO award, as well as pre-production phase.
· Work with cross-functional team members for Design for Manufacturing/Design for Test, Critical Design Review on new/complex/strategic awards.
· Execute Pre Award Review to review the PO and the Technical Data Package (TDP) to ensure that all the requirements are understood, and Key Product Characteristics (KPCs) with their associated processes are identified.
· Execute Post Award Review process to review how the Supplier has implemented all the requirements of the PO and TDP, as well as determine what type of process controls have or will be implemented to control KPCs.
· Plan and execute supplier process alignment to vetted requirements, Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
· Execute Manufacturing Readiness/Test Readiness Reviews (MRR/TRR).
· Review/Approve supplier Compliance Matrix Review (CMR) for technical data package requirements and quality control plan.
· Analyze program requirements and derive QA related activities, participate in the development and execution of quality requirements flow down.
· Lead supplier risk management plan and appropriate levels of supplier oversight.
· Determine the supplier sell off and Inspection Plans.
· Provide Lessons Learned to Supplier Development processes and/or Design Engineering.
· Lead process improvement activities to help mature and standardize internal processes.
· Utilize and participate in the CAR/CAPA related process, particularly for major or complex Supplier CARs.
· Develop standardized and appropriate QA inputs for Statement of Work (SOW) on complex, high value, strategic awards.
· Coordinate closely with Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Program Management and Program Quality to support new strategic awards, awareness of materials critical to quality and internal customer support.
· Lead quality and manufacturing process audit teams at suppliers in accordance with industry standards and specific L-3 program initiatives.
· Support Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma initiatives to reduce cost, remove variability, and improve both quality and delivery within supply base.
· A Bachelors degree in Science Technology Engineering Math (STEM) is required. A Master’s degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
· 7 years of technical experience in Quality, Engineering and/or Operations within the Aerospace and Defense sector.
· Experience in all phases of the product lifecycle with emphasis on initial quality planning activities.
· Experience with supplier development and continuous improvement activities are preferred.
· Project management skills such as identifying required resources, developing project plans, and driving project execution.
· Proficient at preparing and presenting clear and concise presentations to suppliers, customers, and management.
· Experience with risk management techniques.
· Experience i dentifying key process parameters/characteristics and developing PFMEA.
· Relevant technical experience with systems level, electrical, electro mechanical, antenna systems, and/or cable commodities.
· Relevant training or desire to obtain certification/s in Quality, such as Lead Auditor , CQE, Six Sigma, or other applicable.
· Proficiency in MS Office software applications. Experience with SAP a plus but not required.
· Ability to perform and council suppliers on root cause analysis and corrective action.
· Good technical writing, diplomatic, factual, and excellent communication skills.
· Ability to develop strong working relationships with the suppliers and internal customers.
· Ability to interpret an engineering drawing, SOW and other technical documentation, as well as ability to develop an associated inspection plan/compliance matrix.
· Ability to interpret analytical data, SPC, identify trends and develop preventative actions.
· Experience with AS9100, ISO:9001 Quality Systems
· Ability to support travel to suppliers, including short term and unplanned for high visibility/complex quality issues. Travel estimated around 40%.
- Due to the nature of our work this position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
This position may require overtime, weekend, holiday and/or non-standard working hours.
L-3 Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. L-3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage minorities, females, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. L-3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance-abuse testing and background checks.
Organization: *Division - Communication Systems West-20000036
Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Utah-Salt Lake City
Requisition ID: 084844