Natural Grocers Vitamins/Body Care Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Vitamins/Body Care Assistant
Salt Lake City
UT, Salt Lake City- (SU) Sugar House
For 60 years, we at Natural Grocers have fulfilled the company’s mission of providing free health and nutrition education to customers, along with affordable healthy food and supplements. Our customers have come to rely on our highly trained staff, in-store
literature, nutrition counseling, educational lectures, practitioner referrals, and health fairs to help better understand and respond to their health and wellness issues. With a selection of over 30,000 natural and organic foods, supplements, body care, and
household products, we try to make everything we sell affordable for the average household. If you appreciate the difference between having a “passion for food” and enjoying an “affordable, nutritious diet,” then you will feel at home with Natural Grocers.
The Vitamin/Body Care Assistant is responsible for assisting the Vitamin and Body Care Managers in the successful operation and profitability of the vitamin and body care departments. This position has limited management responsibilities.
• Ordering and replenishing the department according to company guidelines
• Keeping the department full and in-stock without over ordering
• Ensuring that tops sellers are always in stock
• Assisting with all of the daily department conditions to company guidelines
• Tagging, facing, rotating, cleanliness, stocking, back stock, and returns
• Ensuring World Class customer service for every customer
• Ensuring the vitamin department is full, clean and shopable
• Supports Opening and closing procedures
• Responds to cashier needs on the front-end of the stores
• Cashiering as needed
• Knowledgeable about natural foods
• Previous experience in a grocery or retail environment; natural foods background a plus.
• At least 1 year experience in vitamin, health and beauty, and/or related retail experience.
• Ability to pass applicable food safety training courses and/or certifications as required by state and/or county law and maintain compliance by keeping certifications up to date.
• Must be able to pass a background check.
• Possesses a sense of urgency in the completion of tasks.
• Possesses excellent customer service skills.
• Is highly organized with great attention to detail.
• Ability to stay focused with the task at hand.
• Ability to take direction and follow through.
• Must be cashier trained.
This job description is not an employment contract. It does not guarantee a job or that the above listed duties are the limit of responsibilities. The job and job description are subject to change with and without notice. Employees are required to accomplish
any and all tasks assigned to him/her by their Store Manager and/or other corporate managers that may not be listed in this job description.