HCA, Hospital Corporation of America PreReg.Insurance Verification Representative (PRN, Work From Home) in San Antonio, Texas
Parallon pioneered the modern-day concept of healthcare shared services more than 12 years ago, perfecting revenue cycle management best practices and customizable technologies for the industry’s largest healthcare provider in 700 facilities and 1000 physician practices. Today, our team of more than 13,000 revenue cycle professionals applies unmatched expertise, scale and proven processes daily to improve financial performance and long-term sustainability at facilities nationwide.
Job Summary-Responsible for timely and accurate pre-registration and insurance verification. Accurately interprets managed care contracts.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Perform pre-registration and insurance verification within 24 hours of receipt of reservation/notification for both inpatient and outpatient services
• Follow scripted benefits verification and pre-certification format in Meditech custom benefits screen and record benefits and pre-certification information therein
• Contact physician to resolve issues regarding prior authorization or referral forms
• Assign Iplans accurately
• Perform electronic eligibility confirmation when applicable and document results
• Research Patient Visit History to ensure compliance with payor specific payment window rules
• Complete Medicare Secondary Payor Questionnaire as applicable for retention in Abstracting module
• Calculate patient cost share and be prepared to collect via phone or make payment arrangement
• Contact patient via phone (with as much advance notice as possible, preferably 48 hours prior to date of service) to confirm or obtain missing demographic information, quote/collect patient cost share, and instruct patient on where to present at time of appointment
• Receive and record payments from patient for services scheduled.
• Utilize appropriate communication system to facilitate communication with hospital gatekeeper
• Perform insurance verification and pre-certification follow up for prior day’s walk in admissions/registrations and account status changes by assigned facility
• Utilize Meditech account notes and Collections System account notes as appropriate to cut and paste benefit and pre-authorization information and to document key information
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES * *• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing * *• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations * *• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties * *• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required * *• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems * *• Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
*EDUCATION * *• High school diploma or GED required *
*EXPERIENCE * *• At least three years of insurance verification experience preferred *
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Lack of information can delay the application process, and therefore applicants should be thorough in completing the online application.
Title: PreReg.Insurance Verification Representative (PRN, Work From Home)
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Shared Services - San Antonio
Requisition ID: 08949-124560