Caliber Home Loans Production Assistant in San Diego, California
Job Title: Production Assistant
Requisition Number: 5549
City: San Diego
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a full-service national mortgage lender and agency direct seller/servicer. Caliber originates loans through various channels and transaction types, including a network of retail branches, wholesale lending, correspondent and emerging banker lending, and a consumer-direct centralized operation specializing in a variety of loan programs for purchase and refinance such as conforming, jumbo, and government products. Caliber also offers innovative servicing solutions for both conforming and non-conforming loans. Caliber is led by a veteran senior management team that consists of mortgage banking professionals with a history of building successful national mortgage operations. Caliber is owned by Lone Star Funds, a global private equity fund.
The Production Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and other clerical support to Loan Consultants or Branch Managers(who meet volume requirements) to assist in loan production. Typical responsibilities are listed below and may vary based on whether the Assistant supports a Loan Consultant or a Branch Manager.
- Assists with inputting borrower information.
- Assists with managing active pipeline.
- Ensures all documentation is accounted for and properly completed/signed.
- Documents loan details for processing plan.
- Mails documents to client for signature.
- Ensures loan packages are complete before loan closing and all relevant parties have received paperwork necessary to close.
- Performs general clerical/ administrative duties.
- Collaborates with loan processor to ensure smooth transition of work.
- Communicates with clients as necessary.
- Maintains phone log of calls made and received by Account Manager / Loan Consultant.
- All Caliber compensation will be paid in accordance with state and federal law, including Regulation Z of the Truth in Lending Act.
- A valid NMLS license is required although this is considered a non-loan originator position.
- Valid NMLS License
- High School Diploma or equivalent; some college preferred
- 1-2 years administrative or clerical experience
- Mortgage company experience
- Strong computer skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite application skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is focused on being the best mortgage company in the United States and winning through talent. Caliber is committed to diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Visit us at www.CaliberHomeLoans.com to learn more.