Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Sr. Help Desk Specialist in San Diego, California
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Provides Tier 1/2 level support to end users. The Sr. Help Desk Specialist receives the initial notification and diagnoses problems by identifying and differentiating between hardware, software, configuration or procedural issues. This individual also performs setup and maintenance of computers, desk phones, cell phones, configuration of hardware and installation of software applications on Windows systems, and provides limited server and network support. The role requires someone who is highly motivated, energetic, and customer focused. This position requires administrative tasks, high level of organization, data entry, processing, closing and elevating of service desk tickets and research to support Information Technology activities locally and for the enterprise.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides Customer Service:
Provide professional, courteous, prompt support to on-site users as well as remote support to offices nationwide
Troubleshoot computer problems with hardware, software, network
Elevate tickets when necessary after initial triage has been completed
Equipment set up and problem solving:
Desk phones, conference phones and cell phones
Printers, scanners, copiers, projectors
- Troubleshoot network based services: File and Print services, Email, Active Directory, DHCP/DNS/WINS
- Administrative activities
Properly document and track incidents and requests using the online ticketing system
Create new user accounts, update AD accounts when needed
Asset tracking, labeling, and disposal for lifecycle
Ability to properly document and/or follow work instructions and fixes
Generate purchase requisitions when necessary
Provide and maintain documentation of backup processes and retention periods
Prepare and maintain written documentation of local site server and application environments
- Organization and Time Management
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently with limited supervision
Ability to meet deadlines and complete projects in a timely manner
Great attention to detail
- Other duties as requested.
Other Job Functions
Point of contact for service technicians (Printers, Scanners, Copiers,).
May track time spent on jobs and enter it electronically.
Experience and Skills:
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: *
- Working knowledge of LAN and WAN topologies and architecture.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft server, Microsoft Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of Server and PC operating systems - such as Windows 2008 and 2012, Windows 7 and 10.
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting MS Office 2007/2010/2013, anti-virus, back-ups and other various desktop applications
- Working knowledge of PC hardware and components including processors, mother boards, accessories, cards, peripherals.
- Understanding of workstation installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance.
- Knowledge including installation, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Office products, Adobe products, AntiVirus, Security Certificates, VPN, and mobile devices.
- Understanding of internet standards such as - DNS, SSL, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, DFS and other protocols.
- Excellent verbal and written communication to all levels in the organization
- Ability to interface with the public, technical and engineering personnel in order to discuss issues pertaining to problems, purchases or technical specifications.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Must be a self-starter and motivated to see projects through to completion
- Must be process driven
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must be familiar with ITIL framework
- Microsoft /Cisco/VMware/ITIL certifications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
+5 yrs information technology experience
High School, Associates Degree or Technical School education
Certifications from recognized programs that indicate mastery of systems, tools, and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for some experience.
Strong MS Office skills
Strong organization skills
Ability to think independently and know when to elevate issues for help
Attention to detail and accuracy in work produced; follow up strength to ensure customer satisfaction
Job Tracking ID: 85347-230777
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Temporary to Perm
Date Updated: September 20, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: More than 5 Years
Level of Education: Technical College
Starting Date: ASAP