Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Staff Internal Auditor II in San Diego, California
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Ensure that Kratos is adhering to financial and operational controls by timely executing the audit plan and assisting with other audit matters and projects as assigned, including Sarbanes Oxley ("SOX"), procure to pay business cycle, fixed assets business cycle, payroll/ human resources business cycle and inventory business cycle.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in developing an understanding of key processes, related accounting systems, and accounting for transactions: (1) to evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of controls in mitigating risks, (2) to identify control deficiencies, and (3) to propose recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for communicating, conducting status meetings and ensuring there is clear and timely communication with process owners, lead internal auditor and internal audit management for the projects assigned.
- Complete audit procedures and ensure the work papers include adequate documentation to evidence completion of the test procedure and that such work papers form an adequate basis for reporting the results of that test to management and the external auditors.
- Independently complete clear, concise workpapers for all assigned tasks and resolve open items/issues before making your final conclusion/assessment of a control.
- Ensure findings or unmitigated risks and/or control deficiencies are adequately communicated (written and verbal) to lead internal auditor, internal audit management and process owner.
- Ensure assigned timeline for the audit is met, taking consideration of coaching notes and review by lead and IA management.
Other Job Functions
- Develop and maintain relationships with process owners and internal audit team to ensure appropriate communications and timely oversight.
- Managing individual tasks within assigned budgets and deadlines.
- Effectively communicating with process owners and team members, including presenting audit results, project status, and other relevant topics.
- Other duties may be assigned such as ITGCC Control testing, or operational audits including DCAA/DCMA audits.
Experience and Skills:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Strong desire to learn, develop professionally and apply knowledge in accounting and auditing standards
Strong work ethic and commitment to achievement of team goals
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong organizational skills, dependable and demonstrates exemplary attention to detail
Ability to handle multiple projects effectively and meet deadlines
Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Ability to deal calmly and professionally in high stress situations by maintaining a positive attitude
Assist in meeting internal deadlines by communicating difficulties or non-response from process owners, etc. and contribute to overall effectiveness
Assist in conducting project and ad-hoc research/ analysis in a timely, methodical and succinct manner
Ability to interact effectively and work with team, supervisors and management
Ability to interact appropriately with process owners
Ability to adhere to workplace rules
Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience (in auditing and/or combination of accounting and auditing, including SOX experience)
Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
Strong desire to obtain specialized certifications such as a CPA, CIA or CISA
Strong competencies with Accounting and Auditing
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Adobe PDF
Job Tracking ID: 85347-225830
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: October 06, 2016
Job Level: Entry Level (less than 2 years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: At least 1 Year
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP