San Francisco Federal Credit Union Branch Services Supervisor in San Francisco, California
POSITION: Branch Services Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Branch Services
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Branch Services Supervisor serves as the liaison between the member and the Credit Union. He or she provides Uncommonly Good Service and deepens relationships with each and every member. The Branch Services Supervisor will assist in training and developing of staff, provide input for performance reviews, process and complete various reports, as well as ensure high level of quality of work by staff members. The incumbent also provides staff support for variety of delivery channels such as back office and front line transactions review/approval, loan processing, new accounts/ member issues review and resolution.
All employees of San Francisco Federal Credit Union(SFFedCU) are proactive, results driven and fully
committed to the Credit Union’s mission and vision by striving to achieve the highest standards of
excellence and consistently exceeding the expectations of member, team and community
experiences. They are also enthusiastic and willing ambassadors of the Credit Union through
participation in CommunityShare projects and initiatives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Member Focus: Experience, Products and Services
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency and displays efficiency in directing member traffic when at the front desk, coordinating check-ins of visitors tracking assignment of member issues and requests to staff on an as needed basis • Maintains Credit Union’s professional, courteous reputation with all vendors visitors and members by promptly attending to inquiries and requests. • Builds rapport by utilizing professional and friendly communication, in written, electronic, as well as verbal formats to consistently provide Uncommonly Good Services to both external and internal partners. • Displays high energy and engagement while enhancing member satisfaction; Consistently evaluates members’ needs and offers the appropriate products and services in order to enhance member relationships and foster member loyalty • Empowers and supports staff to achieve results in a timely manner to exceed member expectations by actively collaborating in research efforts to identify causes of complex member issues, over-deliver on commitments for problem resolutions and provide necessary updates and information to members. • Demonstrates commitment to self-improvement while progressively increasing in proficiency of Sales and Service skills with the objective to achieve 80% level or greater. • Partners more by accurately processing, or helping staff to process, all member requests, Shared Branch transactions, teller transactions such as deposits, back office transactions, record retention, imaging, as well as Returned Items in a timely manner • Consistently cross-sells all other credit union products and services while displaying a comprehensive understanding of all product features/benefits, as well as exercising the ability to neutralize the competition through applying market and industry knowledge. • Continuously takes initiative in maintaining a high level, up to date knowledge of all products/services as well as benefits and features of said products/services; Consistently provides high level of education of benefits, services and features to all members.
Team Dynamics / Leadership
• Exercises an excellent ability to provide support for all team members and the ability to provide prompt, effective, and prudent resolutions to internal conflicts and performance issues.; Promptly involves necessary parties in reaching these resolutions when a need for counselling arises • Fully understand and utilizes all SFFedCU policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook • Assists Branch Manager in delivering effective and constructive coaching sessions to Branch Services Staff on an as needed basis • Always ensures that each team member reaches a high performing potential and ensures that the team as a whole is set up to succeed in achieving goals by coaching training and motivating staff to provide Uncommonly Good Banking • Understands and incorporates strengths of each team member while defining process and goals in clear and comprehensive manner. • Continuously assists in training and observing junior staff in the Sales and Service Program. • Continuously exercise the ability to listen intently and without interruption while utilizing friendly and professional communication skills with teammates. • Builds rapport and strong relationships with coworkers and various stakeholders within the organization; instituting flexible/open-minded communication skills. • When appropriate, negotiates effectively and solicits performance feedback from coach and peers to benefit future performance.
• Demonstrates self-motivation in consistently scheduling Individual Dialogs with Branch Services Manager and conducting them in a highly engaged manner while speaking factually to successes, areas of improvement, and areas of personal interest. • Fosters an open and honest environment among staff members, while speaking positively as well as factually during the Branch Services Staff Individual dialogues • Consistently completes self-assessments for each semi-annual review period. • Displays commitment to a high performing culture when establishing and processing evaluations for designated Branch Services Staff • Seeks and follows Management direction on unclear items. • Voices concerns freely and honestly as well as in a professional matter to Management • Actively partners and collaborates while training and onboarding Branch Service Representatives • Annually facilitates a minimum of four (4) product presentation to department of designated staff group or leads a team meeting • Proactively and effectively schedules designated branch staff to meet business needs
Dependability and Productivity
• Maintains exemplary attendance/punctuality records.
• Consistently provides support to staff in functions such as payroll, ACH, accounts payable, collections, ATM and wire transfers. • Leads by example in providing as needed support with opening and closing duties, taking on Vault Teller functions and efficiently working with high volumes of cash, such as processing various teller transactions, balancing cash drawer, Vault and ATM. • Consistently generates and acquires new business, promotes new membership, increases membership growth and maintains excellent business relationships within the designated community. • Displays self-motivation and commitment to self-improvement by developing strategies and new ideas to aid in business development, and succeeds in engaging staff in these initiatives
• Meets all commitments by agreed upon deadlines or renegotiates deadlines in a timely manner. • Works in an engaged and energetic manner while promoting this and high level of accountability within team settings
• Identifies root causes of errors and works to eliminate member concerns by listening attentively without interruptions, maintaining an open minded and respectful demeanor when it comes to varying viewpoints, and asking questions for clarification • Consistently looks for opportunities to close membership agreements and provides creative solutions and process improvements in efforts to provide alternation options to maintain membership accounts. • Consistently meets/exceeds assigned sales goals; proactively collaborates with management to seek improvement in ability to reach goals when needed. • Efficiently and enthusiastically opens new accounts for new and existing members. • Consistently and professionally interviews, processes and funds consumer loan requests as well as makes rational recommendations to the Consumer Lending Team. • Demonstrates efficient time and workload management to seek out additional responsibilities and opportunities to provide support at branches with limited resources. • Consistently asks members for referrals at every opportunity
Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance
• Pays fanatic attention to detail and accuracy, commits to excellence, establishes and fosters a culture for continuous improvement, takes ownership of quality assurance opportunities and seeks to enhance experiences by providing constructive and positive feedback to staff
• Always complies with appropriate legal, regulatory, internal control and quality standard requirements of the Credit Union. • Always remains up to date on the Credit Union’s Bank Secrecy Act Policy and procedures and prepare Currency Transaction Report as required. • Maintains accurate transaction records and balances cash drawer daily and takes the initiative of notifying Branch Services Supervisor of any discrepancies in a timely manner.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrates commitment to self-improvement by taking the initiative of learning new skills, systems and procedures as well as taking advantage of the continuous education opportunities within and outside of the credit union
• Must possess and consistently deliver strong customer service and sales skills. • Ability to be well organized, team-player, motivated and flexible with working hours.
• Possess and demonstrate the ability to maintain organized and accurate records. • Possess good mathematical aptitude, in addition to outstanding written and oral communication skills. • Display proficiency in use of basic business and cash handling machines. • Display proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs. • Possess excellent oral and written communication skills. • Able to work Saturdays, holidays and overtime as needed.
Education and Background
• Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent. • A minimum of three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a financial institution.
Physical Requirements, Reasonable Accommodation and Work Environment
All reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure a safe and functioning working environment for those individuals who will require such accommodations
• Might require standing, bending, stooping, sitting, walking, twisting, turning and driving • Might require lifting up to 15 pounds • Might require use of computer keyboard, calculator, and mouse • Work environment is indoors; majority of the time is spent sitting at a desk
SFFedCU does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding
or related condition, ancestry, medical condition including genetic characteristics, veteran or
military status, sexual orientation, gender expression, any persons holding an undocumented “AB” 60” driver’s license, or any other characteristic protected by law. This provision also includes the perception that anyone has any of the above characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any one of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
DISCLAIMER* This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. All employees are to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.