HDR Design Coordinator 2 in San Francisco, California
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our'About Us'video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Design Coordinator will provide planning, design, and coordination support on projects. The ideal candidate will engage in problem solving, teamwork, critical thinking, mathematical reasoning, and visualization to create accurate and detailed drawings. In addition they will assist in creating all aspects of mixed media deliverables (3D models, renderings, animations, graphic presentations). They may perform analysis of sustainable criteria and perform code reviews.
Candidates should submit both a resume and portfolio to be considered for the position.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project) required.
- Must be proficient in Revit Architecture and Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
- Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED is required.
- Successful candidates must possess the desire to pursue growth opportunities, licensure, and possess a passion for succeeding in a team environment.
An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
Special consideration given for proficiency 3D building modeling platforms.
- Local candidates preferred.
- Architectural License a plus.
- Experience in the areas of healthcare, educational, civic, science and research facilities preferred.
- Experience with energy analysis plug-ins (Honeybee, Ladybug, Green Building Studio, DIVA, Sefaira and Energy Plus) is desired.
- Experience and understanding of building energy codes is desired, not required.
- Experience and understanding of basic building physics principals is desired, but not required.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Title: Design Coordinator 2
Location: California-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 146656