Captiv8 Director of Product in San Mateo, California
Director of Product
Captiv8 is looking for an energetic, experienced, and amazing Product Owner! This person will handle the vision, platform, and execution of the largest social media marketplace on the planet. Captiv8 helps brands and creators connect to impact audiences around the world. As more and more millennials start shifting away from TV and consuming more content on Youtube, Snapchat, Instagram, Vine, and other platforms, the creators building that content need a platform that empowers them to manage their audiences, grow their audiences and make money. Captiv8 is that platform!
Our founding team is made up of great individuals that have over $1B in acquisitions, managed over $600M+ in revenue and taken two companies public. Our last venture was one of the largest monetization platforms on the planet for the mobile-first economy.
Captiv8 is a global platform connecting and delivering influencers, audiences and brands at scale: we work with top Fortune 500 brands like Adidas, Starbuck, Disney, Amazon, Microsoft and many others. Our platform features passionate influencers across Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Youtube and other networks. The audience makeup is truly global with over 850 million total audience reach spanning the top social networks.
Captiv8 is backed by incredible institutions including Social+Capital, Subtraction Capital, Launch Fund and many others.
Director of Product Description:
We are looking for a seasoned product management professional with strong domain expertise in social media across Instagram, vine, snapchat, twitter, and facebook to lead end-to-end product management efforts for a suite of media planning and data products. The Director, Product Management will define the product strategy, develop the product roadmap, identify product requirements, establish priorities, and collaborate with business stakeholders across the organization and within the brands and the service teams supporting large brands and influencers.
The individual must have strong leadership and formal product management methodology experience blended with several years of practical experience, resulting in proven success launching new products. The candidate must also have extensive experience working with all levels of the organization (executive, to developer, to data analyst) The person must have a minimum of 5+ years of overall experience, including at least 3-5 years in product management. Must have a strong “presence” and the ability to drive change in the organization. The candidate, while possessing a strong background in formal methodologies MUST have a proven ability to be effective in a creative, unstructured culture.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a proven team and come in at the ground level.
• Lead the full product lifecycle for a suite of products or services covering concept, specification, design, launch, and enhancement phases.
• Develop a comprehensive product roadmap for the media planning products/services and related data to deliver against business goals.
• Conduct market research and engage with internal customers, clients, prospects and external partners to identify market needs and opportunities.
• Collaborate with a broad set of business and technology stakeholders to understand current product capabilities and identify gaps.
• Consolidate, rationalize, and prioritize market requirements into the product roadmap to define go-to-market strategy and timeline for product features and enhancements
• Define success metrics and be accountable to them.
• Design functional specifications and make feature, resource, and timeline trade-off decisions.
• Collaborate closely with engineering leaders and their teams through all stages of the product development. Take on 'Product Owner' role on scrum teams.
• Lead and coordinate product rollout efforts with marketing, sales and other client facing teams. Collaborate with marketing and customer training groups for collateral on overall offering including white papers, case studies, demos, training material, etc.
• Act as the key product evangelist and expert for internal teams as well as external users.
• Work with offshore engineering teams.
• Huge plus if you can speak Russian, optional
• University degree in the field of computer science or business administration. Master’s or PhD. degree in one these fields desirable.
• Minimum 3 - 5 years experience in product management and/or product marketing in a technology field.
• Proven track record of setting product development targets and delivering results a must, including experience authoring MRDs and PRDs.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences.
• Experience in strategic technology planning, execution, and policy development.
• Excellent knowledge of media and/or advertising technology environments, including data management, media management and delivery, and back-office systems.
• Solid understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
• Excellent understanding of project management principles.
• Agile (Scrum) highly desired.
• Proven experience in planning, organization, and development.
• Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
• Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
• Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
• Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to motivate and collaborative in a highly matrixed environment.
• Strong analytical skills evidenced by a proven ability to quantitatively and qualitatively analyse product concepts, strategic opportunities and competitive threats.
• Aptitude for working with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements and quantify market opportunities - then driving them to realization.
• Experience and/or strong desire to work in a high pressure, high demand entrepreneurial environment.
• Ability to gain credibility quickly.
• Action orientated, gets things done and makes decisions.
• Excellent relationship builder.
• Global citizen who has strong understanding and experience in rolling out products and services across multiple markets taking into account time zone and cultural challenges and differences.
• Flexibility and adaptability while being able to drive organizational change is essential.
• Must take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
• Must have ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited or no standardization exists.
• Must have ability to quickly assess situations, define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Must have a strong understanding of business direction and needs.