Robert Half-Robert Half Management Resources Healthcare Sr. Manager Financial Analysis in San Ramon, California
Req ID: 147782
Join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies!
Founded in 1948, Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized staffing firm and the parent company of Protiviti, a global consulting firm. We offer our clients a full spectrum of specialized staffing and consulting solutions through our more than 400 locations in over 20 countries. Robert Half has appeared on FORTUNE magazine’s list of “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998, as well as numerous “Best Place to Work” lists around the world.
Our corporate employees are the backbone of our operations and work with our teams around the world. Each employee at our corporate services locations plays a role in our company’s success.
If you want to make a difference — and work in an environment where you can thrive and innovate — apply for this job today!
Robert Half is seeking a Sr. Manager Financial Analysis to report to the VP - Finance & Accounting, and responsible for leading the team of managers, supervisors, and individual contributors through the budget & forecasting process, variance & financial analysis and modeling scenarios to assess the impact on gross margins & the financials. The position will regularly interact and partner with Sr. Management and executives on matters concerning operational, short to mid-range planning, collaborate on cross-functional initiatives with upstream/downstream impact and influence decision making with timely and relevant analysis. The Sr. Manager position will also work closely with the Accounting Analysis department in ensuring timely and accurate month end close.
Specific responsibilities include:
Leadership and Coordination
- Hire, train, develop/mentor, and motivate employees and maintain high team morale.
- Provide feedback on performance and provides related coaching/counseling.
- Ensure excellent customer service by ensuring the quality and timeliness of the output from the department.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team through manager/supervisors, professional individual contributors and foster support for the achievement of department goals and objectives.
- Create a positive and productive work environment that fosters innovation and that aligns with RHI’s guiding principles and code of ethics
- Evaluate and plan current and future staffing requirements.
- Manage department workload and ensure tasks are properly distributed among the department by evaluating the teams' abilities to handle the complexity of assigned tasks.
- Influence decision-making at a management and VP levels with frequent interactions with SVPs.
- Participate in operational, short-to-mid range planning.
- Translate functional strategy into actionable goals and implement strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Business Partnering and Collaboration
- Be a finance partner to leadership by being a key contributor for relevant business decisions. Provide solid finance support, budgeting & planning guidance, value added business and finance insights to the leaders of the functional areas.
- Develop & produce executive level reporting utilizing operating performance measures and metrics to analyze business performance.
- Knowledge of systems workflows and processes important to help streamline operations & implement metrics and reporting.
- Develop financial models to support strategic initiatives
- Develops new metrics/KPIs as needed.
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement in financial processes and tools with internal controls to facilitate accurate & timely reporting.
- Oversees the key controls within the domains of responsibility to ensure compliance with GAAP & SOX requirements.
Financial & Accounting Analysis & Month-end Close
- Improve FP&A team capability and effectiveness by contributing to the timely and accurate delivery of comprehensively-analyzed financial information and related support.
- Analyze expense variances between quarters and present executive level highlights and explanation of differences.
- Analyze AR Reserve variances between quarters.
- Handle corporate insurance transactions.
- Analyzes the impact of state program changes on reserves and burden rates.
- Gathers, interprets, and evaluates financial information.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining data and uses skills as an experienced analyst to work on problems of diverse scope.
- Summarizes and present findings to the management team.
- Work with Accounting and provide timely and detailed monthly and annual financial analysis covering all elements of the company’s performance. Ensure financial reporting is accurate and all variances are accounted for.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of month end and quarter end AR and revenue reserves entries and expense accruals and explain variances with the prior period.
Financial Modeling & Reporting
- Manage the team resources in developing standard bill and cost rates and explaining variance with prior year.
- Manage the projection of standard burden rates and explain variances with prior year.
- Exercise judgment in directing the team in using skills and selecting methods and techniques for obtaining data to work on problems of diverse scope
- Recommend changes to the AR and Revenue Reserve rates based on historical experience and future projections.
- Calculate and present contribution and gross margin impact due to changes in the cost structure.
- Build collaboration with business partners and senior management to develop a thorough understanding of the cost components and develop improved methodologies for projecting costs.
- Effectively communicate with Corporate & Field leaders to gain a deeper understanding of the business, clarify explanations/ commentary, resolve discrepancies, identify gaps in reporting and recommend & implement changes to improve reports, tools and processes.
- Develop, compile and maintain the Financial Dashboard and underlying analyses.
- Work closely with Financial Analyst to prepare various month-end reports.
- Manages team resources in the delivery of Key Management reports and Analyses including revenue and gross margin performance, days sales outstanding, accounts receivable reporting, revenue forecasting and reviewing the output to ensure completeness, accuracy and sound conclusions.
- Improve performance across the business by analyzing business results and identifying areas in which the company can drive productivity and efficiency.
Budgeting & Forecasting - Developing Operating and Non-Operating Budget Models and Rollouts and Budget/Forecast Variance Analysis
- Manages, prepares and administers the annual field operating budget process and corporate non-operating budget process.
- Design and develop budget models which are provided to field sales managers and corporate department managers to facilitate the gathering and analysis of budget data.
- Monitor and supervise the overall budget process to ensure timely and accurate presentation of the next year's budget.
- Provide training and documentation to the Field and Departmental Managers to assist them in the yearly budget process.
- Present summarized budgets to Senior Management for review and approval prior to loading it into the PeopleSoft system.
- Provide leadership to the financial forecasting and planning process across all departments.
- Prepare quarterly forecasts for revenue, expenses including CAPEX, cash collections & disbursements, DSO.
- Reviews and approves monthly and year-to-date departmental actual-to-budget financial statement analysis.
- Assist departmental managers with accruals; adjusting journals; and the identification, understanding, and resolution of vendor billing issues.
- Identifying risks and opportunities to assist senior management with their decision making.
- Provide in-depth financial statement analysis as needed, to assists department managers in controlling their costs and managing their budgets.
- BS in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, Hyperion Essbase, Interactive Reporting (Brio), and/or Access would be a plus.
- 10+ years of work experience in Finance/Analysis required with 5 years of Managerial Experience.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- The ideal candidate would be a CPA with private industry experience in Accounting and FP&A department. Experience with different financial analysis, forecasting models and/or financial reporting formats. Experience in Operational reporting/analysis environment a plus. Multi-system environment experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing a financial analysis team in the delivery of complex financial analyses.
- Advance Skills in Excel.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Experience in using financial systems.
- Experience in relational and multi-dimensional database - both data structure and use of query tools. Knowledge of PeopleSoft, Hyperion Essbase, Interactive Reporting (Brio), and/or Access would be a plus.
- Driven & self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and apply critical thinking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skill.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities. Ability to grasp new concepts quickly. Possess strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to communicate/present information to employees on all levels and in small or large groups.
- Demonstrated ability to identify solutions to problems, listen actively, exercise sound judgment and use logic, make decisions, establish and maintain strong client relationships, work independently and with others, investigate problems or gaps through research or probing, make recommendations and prepare proposals, multi-task, meet deadlines.
- Ability to adhere to corporate policies and procedures and manage within RHI standards of conduct and ethics.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness and flexibility while experiencing changes in work task or work environment.
- Team Player and team builder.
- Strong leadership and mentoring abilities
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Vet
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to:
- Corporate StaffingRobert Half2613 Camino RamonSan Ramon, CA 94583-9128