Robert Half-Robert Half Management Resources Healthcare Supervisor, Accounts Payable in San Ramon, California
Req ID: 149981
Join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies!
Founded in 1948, Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized staffing firm and the parent company of Protiviti, a global consulting firm. We offer our clients a full spectrum of specialized staffing and consulting solutions through our more than 400 locations in over 20 countries. Robert Half has appeared on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998, as well as numerous “Best Place to Work” lists around the world.
Our corporate employees are the backbone of our operations and work with our teams around the world. Each employee at our corporate services locations plays a role in our company’s success.
If you want to make a difference — and work in an environment where you can thrive and innovate — apply for this job today!
J ob Summary
Robert Half is seeking a Supervisor Accounts Payable to perform the day to day activities of the Accounts Payable process ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance including the Corporate and Purchasing card programs.
Members of the team may perform support functions such as: administration, audit, and reconciliation of the American Express Corporate Card and the Bank of America Procurement Card program; facilitating, auditing and troubleshooting EDI transactions files; maintaining and managing utility, EDI tracking logs and EZ Invoice work queues, processing, batching and entering invoices; verifying successful completion of month-end processes, identifying and solving rejected transactions, and generating various reports; ensuring utilities are paid and tracking resolution of issues; retrieving, formatting, generating, and uploading various electronic data files; preparing monthly accruals, and responding to various requests for information. Maintain the integrity of the approval hierarchy through the DRM system. Maintaining high levels of customer service goals by effectively managing various email boxes.
Specific responsibilities include:
Processing and Analysis
- Supervise and oversee the functions of direct reports to include AP month end process, uploading of payment files, processing of utility bills, invoice processing, vendor database update and maintenance and year end 1099 tax documents etc.
- Ensure the accuracy of the matrix's maintained for accrual purposes
- Monitor the bank reconciliation process to ensure timely completion and resolution of outstanding items.
- Communicate and document standard operating procedures and ensure consistency in adhering to policies, goals and process map controls.
- Monitors and analyzes Accounts Payable operations such as invoice research and follow up
- Communicate with RHI teams and outside vendors on relevant issues.
- Analyze current processes and make recommendations to management to improve efficiencies
- Adjust staff workloads to accommodate for short-term or extended staff absences.
- Ensure employees are properly trained and assist in training of newly hired employees
- Monitor employee overtime to assist in meeting department budget.
- Assist and work with IT in the testing of SIRS both break/fix and enhancements
- Ensure that service interruption issues are addressed promptly
Internal and External Customer Service
- Maintain relationships with other departments to ensure good cross collaboration providing a high level of customer service.
- Ensure that direct reports are responding promptly to customer's request
- Assist in resolving escalated issues
Month and Year End Processes
- Monitor, supervise and backup (if necessary) the unclaimed property filing ensuring the accuracy and timely reporting
- Monitor state websites for unclaimed/abandoned property for RHI and its subsidiary's
- Review, analyze and prepare journal entries ensuring accurate reporting to financials.
- Write and administer yearly performance reviews
- Provide assistance to both internal and external auditors/customers.
- Ensure tax tables are maintained as changes to tax rates occur.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of Supervisory experience and a solid understanding of system implementations.
- 5+ years AP, General Ledger experience
- Prior experience in a high volume corporate environment
- Unclaimed Property experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access a must.
- Prior PeopleSoft experience preferred
- Automated AP processing system experience preferred
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of systems applications, procedures, and concepts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent phone and customer service skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify PeopleSoft system problems
- Must be self-motivated
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to:
- Corporate StaffingRobert Half2613 Camino RamonSan Ramon, CA 94583-9128