Robert Half-Robert Half Management Resources Healthcare Supervisor Payroll in San Ramon, California
Req ID: 159183
Join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies!
Founded in 1948, Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized staffing firm and the parent company of Protiviti, a global consulting firm. We offer our clients a full spectrum of specialized staffing and consulting solutions through our more than 400 locations in over 20 countries. Robert Half has appeared on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998, as well as numerous “Best Place to Work” lists around the world.
Our corporate employees are the backbone of our operations and work with our teams around the world. Each employee at our corporate services locations plays a role in our company’s success.
If you want to make a difference — and work in an environment where you can thrive and innovate — apply for this job today!
Robert Half is seeking a Supervisor Payroll to join the Payroll team. The team is responsible for the production of daily payroll checks within the PeopleSoft environment and ensuring all established service levels are met while enforcing adherence to established corporate policies and procedures in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulatory requirements.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Respond to payroll inquiries from internal or external customers and assign to team.
- Provide guidance and direction regarding escalated customer service issues.
- Supervise and oversee daily activities within the Payroll department.
- Engage in recruitment and selection process, performance management, staff development, coaching/counseling and providing guidance to staff members.
- Monitor daily production to ensure service and quality levels are met.
- Monitor processing activities to ensure internal control procedures and corporate policies are followed.
- Review and approve emergency checks, bonus requests, expense reimbursements and journal entries as required.
- Review and approve audit reports.
- Oversee and manage onboarding, training and development of payroll staff. Drive training on new procedures and cross training with other departments.
- Coordinate and support various projects, as requested including corporate system enhancements and upgrades, enhancement fixes and regulatory updates.
- Monitor and report system issues and identify potential solutions/enhancements.
- Review and approve adjustments as required.
- Coordinate preparation of internal and external audit documents and manage audit activities.
- Monitor and review end of day procedures to ensure compliance with SOX and internal control procedures.
- Monitor tax reporting and wage determination review activities to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements.
- BS degree in business, management, or related area required or equivalent experience.
- CPP a plus.
- 6+ years’ payroll with degree, 8+ years’ without a degree.
- 2+ years’ prior supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership qualities required.
- Previous experience with U.S. payroll, payroll regulations & reporting requirements, payroll garnishment law, multi state & local payroll laws, a plus. Experience with Canadian payroll preferred.
- Experience working in a high volume transaction processing environment. Experience working with auditors, both internal and external.
- Experience in supervising a large department (10+ people) preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft applications in (Word, Outlook, Excel - manipulate lines, moving data, construct simple formulas).
- Previous experience with ERP systems, (preferably PeopleSoft), required.
- Ability to adapt to shifting work priorities and manage multi-tasking.
- Ability to lead/mentor individuals to collaborate with team to produce deliverables.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas verbally and in writing and diplomatically when handling sensitive and escalated situations.
- Ability to demonstrate detail-orientation and customer service skills.
- Ability to coordinate daily production activities, prioritize work, and be detailed and service oriented.
- Ability to demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, identify potential solutions and apply sound decision-making.
- Ability to learn quickly, grasp and apply new concepts including technology.
- Ability to understand and operate in an environment with regulatory/compliance requirements.
- Ability to transfer job knowledge to Payroll team.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to:
- Corporate StaffingRobert Half2613 Camino RamonSan Ramon, CA 94583-9128