West Suburban Medical Center Patient Access Rep II / Part-Time / Memorial University Medical Center - Savannah, GA in Savannah, Georgia
Patient Access Rep II / Part-Time / Memorial University Medical Center - Savannah, GA (Job Number: 1605048438)
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 700 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management, patient communications, and value-based care solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Conifer Health Solutions is currently hiring for a Patient Access Representative!
Responsible for duties in support of departmental efficiencies which may include: but not limited to performing scheduling, registration, patient pre-admission and admission, reception and discharge functions. Must obtain complete and accurate patient demographic information. Patient Access representatives also must employ proper, compliant patient liability collection techniques before, during & after date of service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Greeting customers following Conifer Standards of Care, provides world-class customer service, completes full patient registration at date of service, adheres to financial & cash control policies & procedures, thoroughly explains and secures Hospital & patient legal forms (i.e., Advance Directives, Conditions of services, Consent for treatment, Important Message from Medicare, EMTALA, etc.). Scan Protected Health Information, create and file patient information packets/folders for upcoming Hospital services. May also assist with scheduling diagnostic procedures (enters data in scheduling system, provide customer with appointment instructions, other tasks as needed).
- Educates patients about patient financial liabilities, employs proper, compliant patient liability collection techniques before, during & after date of service, performs Hospital cash reconciliation & secured payment entry in adherence to financial & cash control policies & procedures.
- Secures medical necessity checks/verification in accordance to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid services, verifies insurance, benefits, coverage & eligibility, completes assigned registration financial clearance work lists activities, obtains insurance authorizations for scheduled & unscheduled Hospital services, and secures inpatient visit notification to payors. May also assist with scheduling and coordinating post discharge care for patients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
Demonstrated working knowledge of PC/CRT/printer
Knowledge of function and relationships within a hospital environment preferred
Customer service skills and experience
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications
Course in Medical Terminology required
Understanding of Third Party Payor requirements preferred
Understanding of Compliance standards preferred
Must be able to perform essential job duties in at least two Patient Access service areas including ED.
Uses proper negotiation techniques to professionally collect money owed by our Patients/Guarantors.
Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both internal and external Clients that lead to more effective communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy.
Must be able to appropriately interpret physician orders, medical terminology and insurance cards while maintaining Conifer Standards of Care.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
High School Diploma or GED required
- 0 – 1 year in a Customer Service role.
- 0 – 1 year administrative experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area preferred
- Some college coursework is preferred
Primary Location: GA-Savannah
Organization: 238-Conifer - Savannah, GA