Washington State Communications Consultant 4 in Seattle, Washington
This position is open until filled.
WSDOT's Toll Division has an outstanding opportunity for an enterprising communications professional who wants to be a part of one of the most dynamic and fastest growing offices in the agency. This an ideal situation for an experienced creative communications expert who thrives on taking initiative and can both work individually as well as collaboratively on engrossing yet highly rewarding projects. This professional will have the responsibility of developing strategic communication plans and reports, building the Toll Division's social media presence and conducting community outreach.
The successful candidate will be responsible for responding to stakeholder inquiries in an effective, professional and thoughtful manner. Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships to deliver effective and timely information to the public and media will be paramount. In addition, the ideal candidate is resourceful and enjoys the challenge of developing creative solutions to overcome obstacles.
Our top candidate has experience working in a fast-paced environment with limited direction. They must also have a proven track record of successful project management with a varied skillset that includes strategic planning, public outreach, consensus building, relationship building, and excellent writing skills.
**WSDOT also offers outstanding benefits, a generous amount of paid time off, choice of state retirement programs, advancement opportunities, and much more. Go toState Benefits for more information regarding our comprehensive benefits package
This position will perform the following work:
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans to meet communications and public involvement needs for internal and external audiences.
- Write and edit educational and promotional materials for the web, social media, traditional media and print.
- Serve as a liaison between WSDOT staff, other agencies, the public and the media.
- Assist in implementing short- and long-term community outreach communications plans and event plans.
- Using a variety of communications tools, present WSDOT strategic messaging, answer questions, and present communications plans.
- Clarify and relate complex issues, tasks and policies for internal and external audiences in a reader-friendly style.
- Develop visual media (videos, photos, graphics and /or reports) to be used in stakeholder and media outreach.
- Carry a 24 hour on-call communication device for Toll Division project inquiries and provide support for other regions during emergencies.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- College degree in journalism, communications, public relations or progressive paid working experience in marketing, community outreach, customer service, public relations or news media.
- Experience managing communications projects.
- Expertise in Associated Press writing style.
- Acute attention to detail while producing written materials and coordinating events in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Professional experience with social media (blogs, Twitter, Flickr, etc.).
- Experience creating and editing videos and creating and editing photographs.
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to effectively communicate to a diverse audience.
- Experience using visuals to communicate messages, including graphics, photographs and videos.
- Valid Driver's License.
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please hit the large apply button at the top of this announcement, you may need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position, you will need to attach a resume and letter of interest to your electronic application and answer the supplemental questions. Your letter of interest should describe how your experience, training and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position. Be prepared to provide references at the time of interview.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Peter Asaiat 206-440-4066 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference recruitment number 2016-NWR-153
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Office of Human Resources, at 360.705.7042 or email email@example.com.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-NWR-153
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $49,308.00 - $64,620.00 Annually
Location: King County - Seattle - Downtown Business, WA