Washington State Construction Office Engineer - TE3 in Seattle, Washington
**This opportunity is only for Internal qualified and competitive WSDOT permanent employees.
Position Profile:The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is seeking a motivated engineer with strong technical and engineering skills to fill the position of **Construction Office Engineer in a South Seattle Project Engineering Office.
This position reports directly to the Assistant Project Engineer and is a key member who is responsible for the contract administration for all assigned construction projects. The Construction Office Engineer will independently supervise, mentor, and train technicians and engineer staff assigned to perform contract payment, construction documentation, project submittals and correspondences, change orders, and project closeout.
Communication is key in this position! In addition to the ability to supervise staff, we need an individual who can interact and communicate effectively at all levels within and outside of the organization and provide input on complex engineering issues. The Construction Office Engineer is responsible for implementing policies and procedures for compliance with WSDOT requirements and meet deadlines for contracts administered by the Area Engineering Office.
This position will perform the following work:
- Oversee contract administration and compliance requirements.
- Interpret contract plans and provisions, manuals, and standard specifications.
- Prioritize, organize, and follow through with managing changes and deadlines on multiple contracts concurrently.
- Assess status of numerous contracts, resolve outstanding issues, and address on-going developments.
- Prepare and review change orders and supporting documentation.
- Prepare and review project correspondences.
- Reviews and coordinates documentation related to contract closure, such as final records and as-builts.
- Present both in oral and written form with the ability to translate and present technical information to diverse audiences.
- Oversee project submittal review and tracking.
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers and technicians.
- Perform or check engineering calculations such as quantities, areas, volumes, elevations, and grades.
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible civil engineering experience with a demonstrated comprehensive understanding of delivering WSDOT projects.
- One year of experience as a Transportation Engineer 2 or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable in interpreting contract documents, manuals, and specifications.
- Resourceful in finding solutions to questions and contract changes.
- Ability to establish and develop collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to write tactful, concise technical and administrative letters.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching staff. Able to give clear direction and guidance to staff to succeed in meeting the responsibilities assigned.
- Have working knowledge of CCIS, CAPS, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, Contract Manager and Primavera P6 or ability to learn them quickly.
- Experience in WSDOT construction budget tracking and scheduling or ability to learn them quickly.
- Ability to make construction site field visits, walking on uneven ground in all types of weather and around large construction equipment.
- Ability to work any shift, day or night, to meet the needs of the position.
- Valid driver's license with the ability to travel throughout the region/state for field visits, conferences, meetings, and trainings.
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please click on the apply button on this announcement. To be considered for this position you will need to answer the supplemental questions. The responses to the Supplemental Questions must be reflected in the "work experience" of the application. Be prepared to provide references at the time of interview.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Fereti Sa'auat 206-440-4068 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org*.* Please reference recruitment number 2016-NWR-160.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Office of Human Resources, at 360.705.7042 or email email@example.com.
Job Type: Agency Internal - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-NWR-160
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Closing: 10/25/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $55,728.00 - $73,140.00 Annually
Location: King County - Seattle - S. Seattle, WA