Washington State DSHS Maintenance Mechanic 2 in Seattle, Washington
The Department of Social and Health Services' Operations Support & Services Division is recruiting for a non-permanent Maintenance Mechanic 2 to join our Consolidated Maintenance & Operations team. This position would support Fircrest School in Shoreline WA
Our ideal candidates will need journey level work experience providing skilled engineering and repair work related to HVAC and facility mechanics, with a good working knowledge of commercial appliance repair but other building repairs and preventative maintenance will be included in job responsibilities. Candidates must have a work history showing team commitment, job accomplishment, and strong work ethics. Your work hours will be Tuesday-Friday 6:30 am- 5:00 pm, with Saturday/Sunday/Monday as your regular days off.
Fircrest School is a statutorily established Residential Habilitation Center that provides residential and training services and nursing care to approximately 220 individuals with intellectual disabilities. Fircrest (RHC) is dually certified as an Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID) and a Nursing Facility (NF).
Your Responsibilities in this role include:
- Perform journey level work in installing, maintaining, modifying, altering and repairing plumbing systems, sewer systems, physical plant machinery and equipment, HVAC systems, boiler, filtration, and pump systems, residential swimming pool equipment, mechanical/electrical control systems, refrigeration systems kitchen appliances, and laundry equipment.
- Plan and determine materials, time/schedules and personnel needed to complete work orders; order and maintain inventory.
- Perform building and condition assessments; recommend work needed; maintain records of jobs completed and materials used.
- Order materials and maintain adequate inventory.
- Perform skilled mechanical work; operate power tools e.g. drill press, sharpeners, lathes, sanders and shapers; prepare surfaces for arc or acetylene welding
Required licensing, education, skills, knowledge and abilities
- Valid WA State Driver's License;
- Physical ability to perform heavy in/outdoor work, in hot/humid conditions; sometimes at heights; AND
- At least four years of general work experience in building and equipment maintenance, construction, or repair work OR completion of a recognized apprenticeship in a skilled mechanic trade.
Highly preferable experience:
- Journey-level repair work experience in the maintenance, repair, remodeling and mechanical/machinery of standard practices, methods, materials, tools, and equipment used to perform in mechanical trades;safety precautions.
- Ability to read and work independently from blue prints and schematics
- Capable of conducting building maintenance assessments.
- Skills in operating various hand tools: lathes, sanders, planers, saws, drills, welders, cutting torches, compressors, routers
- Experience in using and repairing hydraulic man-lifts, fork lifts, and snorkel lifts.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Skilled in preventative maintenance, repair, remodeling, construction duties on machinery and/or residential facilities.
- Knowledge of standard practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment used to accomplish mechanical tasks.
- Knowledge to estimate time, personnel and materials to complete jobs.
- Capability to create and maintain records and produce computerized maintenance reports, preferably AMMS and MS Office.
- Ability to transport and competence to use hand and power tools appropriate to job.
- Commitment to work within safety rules and regulations.
- Background in parts and materials ordering, shop inventories, and shipping/receiving of supplies.
This recruitment has been extended. If you have previously applied it is not required to apply again. We review applications weekly and encourage you to apply as early as you can.
For questions about this recruitment please contact Recruitment Assistant, Brenda Fitzpatrick, email@example.com or (509) 363-5032 and reference (05704)
Supplemental Information: Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Job Number: 2016-05704 GE62E
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/30/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,721.00 - $4,208.00 Monthly
Location: King County - Seattle - N. Seattle, WA