Washington State DSHS Social Service Specialist 4 in Seattle, Washington
Children's Administration is currently looking for a dynamic, motivated and culturally competent Social Service Specialist 4 - Intake Supervisor to work in a temporary position with the Office of Central Intake located in downtown Seattle, Washington.
You'll provide supervision to social service specialists who provide intake services for:
- Division of Children and Family Services (DCFS) programs:
- Child Protective Services (CPS) program
- Child and Family Welfare Services (CFWS Intake)
- Family Reconciliation Services (FRS)
- Division of Licensed Resources (DLR):
- Licensing Complaints Central Intake supervisors will also ensure that intake social service specialists will provide crisis intervention and case management services to children and families who may be eligible or who have an open case.
Some of the major duties you'll be doing are:
- Supervises field response staff determining response needed to assess and ensure child safety.
- Reviews, corrects, and approves intakes per required completion and response timeframes.
- Triage emergent calls reporting to danger to children, assessing safety of children and determining need for intervention.
- Ensures assigned social service specialist staff adhere to law, policy, directives, and performance standards related to intake program.
- Reviews and evaluates staff performance by reviewing intakes and case notes.
Here's what we're looking for:
A Bachelor's degree or higher in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or an allied field and two years of experience as a Social Service Specialist 3
A Bachelor's degree or higher in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or an allied field and four years of experience as a Social Service Specialist 2
A Master's degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or an allied field and four years of paid social service experience equivalent to a Social Service Specialist 2
A Bachelor's degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or an allied field, and six years of paid social service experience performing functions equivalent to a Social Service Specialist 2
*Two years of the above paid social service experience must include assessing risk and safety to children and providing direct family-centered practice services (strengthening and preserving family units).
*A two year Master's degree in one of the above fields that included a practicum may be substituted for one year of paid social service experience.
Please be prepared to provide a copy of your college transcripts to verify degree information. Applicants may provide transcripts with application or may be requested by hiring team at a later date.
Questions? Please contact Lindsay Taylor at (509) 363-4971 and reference 10420.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10420 351R
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/14/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,109.00 - $5,385.00 Monthly
Location: King County - Seattle - Downtown Business, WA