Washington State Executive Assistant - Northwest Region in Seattle, Washington
This position is open until filled. First application review on: 10/06/2016
WSDOT has an exceptional opportunity for an executive-level administrative professional who has the ambition to support one of the highest profile offices in the Greater Puget Sound and thereby serving a vital function in service of the public. This is all the while maintaining true work-life balance (a work attribute that WSDOT strongly supports). The Northwest Region Regional Administrator's (RA) office is seeking a personable and trustworthy Executive Assistant to the Regional Administrator. This professional will work closely with executive management and will be responsible to make independent tactical decisions on administrative matters and respond to inquiries on various department policies and procedures. Someone who is self-directed, takes initiative, has excellent communications skills, is able to demonstrate sound judgment, and works successfully with diverse groups of individuals will succeed in this position.
**WSDOT also offers outstanding benefits, a generous amount of paid time off (True Work-Life Balance), a defined benefit pension plan, advancement opportunities, and much more. Go toState Benefits for more information regarding our comprehensive benefits package
WSDOT is committed to continuous improvement (LEAN/Six Sigma Concepts), so someone who has initiative and the drive to innovate and streamline processes is certain to thrive in this role.
This position will perform the following work:
- This position is high profile and highly visible performing key relationship management work including assisting with inquiries from the public, WSDOT executives and elected officials. Coordinate and schedule key activities and meetings with executives and other agencies.
- Make necessary preparations to ensure that RA is prepared for the above key activities and meetings.
- Assist executive in prioritization of items required for review and action.
- Take meeting notes, compile information from different technical sources and prepare a cohesive report.
- Proofreading and editing mission-critical documents for the RA and Deputy RA for compliance and accuracy.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for legislative bill analysis assigned to the RA.
- Collaborate with RA's direct reports to collect, analyze, and compile data into appropriate reporting formats.
- Prepare draft responses and maintain correspondence database.
- Manage and customize the RA and Deputy RA calendars
- Assist in the development of region wide policy.
- Represent the RA on committees.
- Play a key role in event planning.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Ability to quickly understand agency policies, priorities, and procedures.
- Ability to work independently; anticipating the needs of the executive office.
- 5 years' experience in administrative services at the senior or executive level.
- Extensive experience in coordinating and preparing for meetings, conferences and region-wide events.
- Ability to compile technical information, conduct research, and create applicable reports.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience multi-tasking and appropriately changing priorities.
- Experience working in a high profile executive office setting.
- Supervisory and/or experience in leading committees.
- Advanced experience with common office applications such as MS Office, Visio, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate experience creating and editing spreadsheets and databases.
*How to Apply: *
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please hit the large apply button at the top of this announcement, you may need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position, you will need to provide a resume and letter of interest outlining how you qualify to perform the work listed above as part of the supplemental questions*. *Be prepared to provide references at the time of interview.
*Contact us: *
For inquiries about this position, please contact Peter Asai *at *206-440-4066 *or email to *email@example.com . Please reference recruitment number 2016-EMS-005
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Office of Human Resources, at 360.705.7042 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-EMS-005
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $53,940.00 - $67,152.00 Annually
Location: King County - Seattle - N. Seattle, WA