Washington State RESEA WorkSource Specialist 3 (WSS3 1875X) Seattle in Seattle, Washington
**The closing date of this recruitment has been extended and is now open until filled. Applicant review begins on August 30, 2016. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
Note: This is a part-time position that will work a minimum of 20 hours per week. This position may work up to 39 hours per week depending on workload.**
Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for a Reemployment Services and Eligibility Assessment (RESEA) WorkSource Specialist 3 (WSS3) position at WorkSource Rainier. This position supports the mission by providing re-employment services to job candidates receiving unemployment insurance (UI) benefits. This work will increase the job seekers ability to return to work and decrease the amount of time a person is unemployed. Work is performed at the fully qualified professional level. At each point of contact, engages job seekers/targeted job seekers by offering access to the full array of services available through the WorkSource system. The majority of time is spent providing direct services to customers in a variety of career services; assessing customers work readiness/employability; offering information about service/training options and community based resources; engaging job seekers into services suited to their individual needs and/or facilitating handoff to one on one services provided by suitable staff.
- Provide staff-assisted customer services; conduct group and individual in-depth interviews, partial and full registrations, and review job readiness, employment barriers and customer needs; administer skill, interest, and aptitude tests using formal tools; identify employment and/or training goals; develop and monitor service plans; develop recommendations for continuous engagement.
- Assist customers in the use of resource center services including technology, resumes, applications, and interview skills training.
- Outline labor market information and opportunities; assist with development of job search plans/individualized Reemployment Service plans refer customers to WorkSource job listings and/or other external job opening, and/or WorkSource job search activities.
- Administer the UI Work Test.
- Schedule and conduct UI reemployment and eligibility assessments; orientation to WorkSource services; audit customer unemployment claims to ensure claimants meet work search requirements under the Unemployment Insurance laws; refer as appropriate to UI adjudication if an issue or potential issue is identified; develop claimant action plan and/or issue work search directives; conduct follow-up to assist UI office and customers.
- Answer phone calls and direct to program teams; provide timely response and services through all forms of customer service (phone, email, face-to-face).
- Serve as liaison among partners concerning customer eligibility and benefits coordination; communicate and promote agency and partner programs and services to encourage maximum utilization of available incentives. Qualifications
- Awareness-level general knowledge of employment and training state and federal laws, policies, rules, and regulations.
- Working-level oral communication skills - convey information orally according to the needs of the audience, and receive and understand spoken information.
- Working-level knowledge of group facilitation techniques.
- Awareness-level computer skills - use computer hardware and software to complete assignments.
- Working-level customer service skills – build and maintain customer relations and satisfaction. Supplemental Information
Attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing.
Other Information As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact NEOGOV toll-free at (855) 524-5627 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Part Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-07838
Department: Employment Security Department
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $17.60 - $23.02 Hourly
Location: King County - Seattle - Rainier Valley, WA