Washington State Utilities and Developer Services Project Manager - TE3 In-Training in Seattle, Washington
**These positions are open until filled.
Do you have a passion for public service? WSDOT has exceptional opportunities for innovative project managers who desire to fully utilize their analytical, negotiation, and communication skills. These are rare opportunities to assist in the success of the future of Washington's vast infrastructure and offer an engineer in-training program. The Northwest Region Utility and Developer Services Office is offering two excellent opportunities as a project manager: Utilities Accommodation and Project Delivery Engineer (This position performs both roles). As the Utility Accommodation Engineer you will be responsible for researching, negotiating, and processing utility franchises and permits for installation and maintenance of Utilities within the State right of way. The Utility Project Delivery Engineer coordinates and supports the negotiations between the Region Transportation and Electrical Design Offices and Utility companies. Your role will be to insure that utilities conflicts on WSDOT transportation projects are identified and resolved meeting the project schedule.
To thrive in this position, the qualified individual will need to be a self-starter, embrace continuous process improvement, be adaptable in a collaborative work environment, and have a strong commitment to advancing the policy goals of WSDOT.
In addition to the above, the successful candidate will perform the following work:
- Review, analyze, and coordinate permit and franchise applications.
- Coordinate and prepare agreements and oversee agreement implementation.
- Full scope project management.
- Oversee the progress of new utility installations on state highways to ensure standards are met.
- Lead the project coordination between the Utilities and Engineering Offices to identify and resolve utility conflicts and relocation issues.
- Serve as subject matter expert for engineers, consultants, developers, private parties, and public agencies.
The successful candidate may ideally have some of the following qualifications:
- Two years' experience as a Transportation Engineer 1 or 2 and a BS/BA degree in engineering, sciences, or other relevant field or an approved equivalent combination of education and experience. Required education can be substituted with relevant work experience.
- Proficient knowledge and skillful application of project management practices.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Reliability to complete multiple work assignments proactively and efficiently to meet strict guidelines and deadlines.
- Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with computer software to research and prepare Utility Franchises, Permits, and Agreements (e.g. Microsoft Office 2016, ArcGIS software, Adobe Pro, Oracle, Utility Database).
- Skilled at interest-based negotiations.
- Expert ability to build and maintain effective business relationships.
- Knowledge and experience in utility and/or transportation design, right of way, and construction
- Knowledge and experience in utility Franchise, Permit, and Agreement process.
- Knowledge and experience in working with public and private utilities in coordinating complex relocations.
- Valid Driver's License.
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please select the large "apply" button at the top of this announcement. You may need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position you will need to answer the supplemental questions, as part of the supplemental questions you will need to provide a letter of interest. Your letter of interest should describe how your experience, training and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Peter Asai at 206-440-4066 or email email@example.com Please reference recruitment number 2016-NWR-155.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-NWR-155
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $50,496.00 - $73,140.00 Annually
Location: King County - Seattle - N. Seattle, WA