Washington State Northwest Region Heavy Equipment Operator-Equip Operator 2 in Sedro Woolley, Washington
Service, Science, Sustainability
Under the leadership of the Commissioner of Public Lands, our work at the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is done with the public's interest in mind, which means transparency and public knowledge. Our decisions are guided by sound science as we manage state trust lands, native ecosystems and natural resources. We support the vision of a sustainable future by protecting and managing the natural resources so future generations will have them.
DNR manages over 5 million acres of state-owned land that includes forest, range, commercial, agricultural and aquatic lands. We generate revenue that supports public schools, state institutions and county services. But managing lands is only half of our story. We also protect other public resources such as fish, wildlife, water, and provide public access to outdoor recreation. Two of our largest and most important state-wide resource protection responsibilities are fire prevention and suppression, and overseeing forest practices.
The DNR has an annual operating budget of approximately $187 million and has over 1200 permanent employees with approximately 300 additional staff hired during the summer fire season.
We have some of the most talented people in the industry. We honor diversity in the workplace and support one another with respect and trust. We invite you to learn more about our culture, our careers, and why some of the top forestry and natural science professionals have joined Washington DNR by visiting our DNR website.
Northwest Region Heavy Equipment Operator Equipment Operator 2 Recruitment # 2016-10-3298-10459
$3,627 – $4,109 per month
*TYPE OF POSITION: *
Permanent, Full-time. This position is represented by the WPEA. Important Note: Once appointed to this position the incumbent will be required to pay union dues or other representation fees within the first 30 days of employment.
November 7, 2016 Note: Recruitment may be extended after 7 November depending on the quantity and quality of the application pool.
This position works on a crew with 3 other Heavy Equipment Operators to accomplish forest road maintenance. Road maintenance activities include ditching, cleaning and installing culverts, rocking operations and other various activities. Road maintenance work is assigned by the Heavy Construction Supervisor. All maintenance activities must conform to the Forest Practice rules. Qualifications
- 5 years of experience performing forest road construction and / or maintenance while operating heavy equipment such as: hydraulic excavator, rubber tire backhoe, dozer, front end loader, grader, brush cutter and dump truck.
- Ability to read and interpret project plans and specifications.
- Competent, professional and safe work ethic.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- This position requires driving as an essential function. Essential means that driving is a fundamental, crucial part of this position and not a marginal function. Employees who drive for state business, whether in a state or privately-owned vehicle, are required to possess a valid license as defined in policy PO02-006 and abide by all other driver responsibility requirements.
- This position may be subject to pre-employment and reasonable suspicion drug testing.
- CDL (class A) Supplemental Information
WHO MAY APPLY This recruitment is open to anyone who meets the required qualifications for this position.
- To be considered you must apply online at www.careers.wa.gov (Click on the APPLY button above)
- Submit the following:
- Attach a letter of interest describing how your experience and qualifications relate to the position profile, required and desired position qualifications, and special position requirements.
- Attach your Resume – do not add it into the text of the application, it must be an attachment.
- The names of three to five professional references – you may attach a document, use the References text field in the online application, or include with resume.
- Carefully review your application materials before submitting.
- You may not reapply for this posting for 30 days.
Note: All applicants that require a CDL must provide their previous 10 year history to include: employment, education, periods of unemployment, etc. Pre-employment CDL verification, work history background check and drug testing will be required as a condition of employment
Note: Finalists and/or interview candidates will be asked to provide a driving record issued from all states in which they have held a license during the past 3 years.
Questions? Please contact Shesha Zavala at 360-854-2880/Shesha.Zavala@dnr.wa.gov or e-mail us at DNRrecruiting@dnr.wa.gov.
By submitting the application materials you are indicating that all information is true and correct to the best of your knowledge. You understand that the state may verify information and that untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from applicant pool or dismissal if employed. This announcement is published by the Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR). The DNR is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance during the screening process or those needing this announcement in an alternative format may contact DNR Recruiting staff (360) 902-1350 or (360) 902-1097. DNR may be contacted using the Washington State Telecommunications Relay Service (TTY) by dialing 711.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10-3298-10459
Department: Dept. of Natural Resources
Closing: 11/7/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $43,524.00 - $49,308.00 Annually
Location: Skagit County - Sedro Woolley, WA