Washington State Licensed Practical Nurse 4 - WCC in Shelton, Washington
Licensed Practical Nurse 4 (LPN4)
Full time Washington Corrections Center (WCC) Shelton, WA
The Department of Corrections is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals for the position of Licensed Practical Nurse 4 (LPN4) at Washington Corrections Center (WCC) located in Shelton, WA.
* FULL-TIME SHIFT: 1500-2330, Friday/Saturday off*
Washington Corrections Center (WCC) is located 35 miles west of Olympia, the state capital. WCC is the Reception and Diagnostic Center, a close-custody facility with the primary responsibility to process, test, and classify all adult male felons sentenced to prison in Washington State. The facility has seven living units and houses 1,700 offenders. There are about 500 offenders screened and assessed each month. WCC is also the major hub for transfer of offenders to and from facilities throughout the state.
The Licensed Practical Nurse delivers service to promote health, foster healing, and support coping and adjustment to various health conditions. Health services are provided to individual patients, their families, groups of patients, the staff employed at the correctional facility and to the public at large. The Licensed Practical Nurse 4 supports the agency mission and vision by providing direct care and medication management services in:
- Screening, accessing and evaluating offenders and the conditions where they live and work to ensure they are well, safe and their health care continuous;
- Responds to all other requests for healthcare attention in a complete, timely, clinically appropriate and therapeutic manner;
- Participates in monitoring, managing and coordinating the delivery of healthcare and providing progress information to the shift supervisor.
- Assisting patients improve their skills and ability to provide care for themselves and their family.
- Teaching, counseling and providing health care information that improves quality health services and/or enhances safety or security.
Education: Graduation from a school of Practical Nursing
Initial and continuous unblemished/unrestricted licensure in the State of Washington as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Experience: Two years experience working as a licensed practical nurse.
Certification by the American Heart Association in emergency first response.
Indicates skill and ability to perform basic nursing skills
Demonstrates nursing skill competency periodically as scheduled.
For additional information about the agency, please visit www.doc.wa.gov.
- Please include a minimum of three professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates.
- All DOC employees are fingerprinted for a criminal history background check.
- Employees work with offenders in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, including marijuana, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Tuberculosis is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results.
- If this position is included in a Union Shop, employees will be required to become members within thirty (30) days of employment.
We are committed to hiring individuals who possess core diversity competencies:
- Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace.
- Work effectively with men and women of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
- Promote inclusiveness.
- Be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions.
DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call us at (360) 407-5741. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-WCC-LPN4
Department: Dept. of Corrections
Closing: 10/31/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,254.00 - $4,258.00 Monthly
Location: Mason County – Shelton, WA