Washington State Construction Contract Manager - Transportation Technical Engineer 5 in Shoreline, Washington
**This position is open until filled.
The Northwest Region (NWR) Plans, Specifications and Estimate (PS&E;) Review office is looking for someone to lead their team.This leader requires a working knowledge in the areas of design, environmental, right of way, and construction. The incumbent also requires knowledge of state and federal requirements as it relates to the development of plans, specification and estimates for state and federally funded highway construction projects ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and procedures.The position requires close coordination and communication be maintained with region and HQ offices including Environmental, Utilities, Construction, Ad and Award, Printing, Design to track, coordinate and ensure compliance with contracting laws, rules, regulations and policies. They are ultimately responsible for the final review of all aspects of the PS&E; for various types of highway construction projects. The quality reviews check for bid-ability of the construction features; conformation to current standards; and the progress of all aspects of the project handled by others (e.g., environmental permits).
Our top candidate will have the necessary technical and professional experience, ability to work with multiple local agencies and multi-task, and the ability to make independent decisions necessary to deliver the agency's federal aid program.
This position will perform the following work:
- Lead staff and members of other agencies in applying for funding relating to Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E;), contract advertisement, and contract award.
- Read, comprehend, analyze, and explain legal and federal requirements.
- Perform reviews of contract documents and estimates to ensure requirements and procedures are met.
- Advise project offices on contracting procedures.
- Prepare recommendations and presentations to executive staff.
- Participate in PS&E; reviews, makes reports to management and attends/presides over related meetings.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
One year of experience as a Transportation Engineer 4, or three years of experience as a Transportation Engineer 3, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with civil engineering requirements including the estimating costs, design standards, and PS&E.;
- Knowledge of state and federal contract law.
- Knowledge of federal laws on FHWA funded projects including Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Endangered Species Act (ESA), Buy America, and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE).
- Knowledge of federal requirements for construction administration and documentation. Application assessment will be ongoing and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the position at any time during the recruitment process. It is to the applicant's advantage to apply as early as possible
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will only be accepted electronically. Please select the large apply button at the top of this announcement for instructions. You may need to create a profile and account in Washington State's automated tracking system, NeoGov. To be considered for this position you will need to answer any supplemental questions. As part of these questions you will need to provide a letter of interest. Your letter of interest should clearly explain how your experience, training, and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Peter Asai *at *206-440-4066 or email to ASAIPET@wsdot.wa.gov. Please reference recruitment number 2016-NWR-127.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Office of Human Resources, at 360.705.7042 or email email@example.com.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-NWR-127
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $67,884.00 - $91,332.00 Annually
Location: King County - Shoreline, WA