Eaton Corporation Customer Service Engineer in SLP, Mexico
Plan, support, coordinate, and lead the activities associated with immediate response to Customer quality concerns.
Act as the interface between the customer, and plants.
Communicate information to Vehicle Group North America region.
Develops and maintains processes that support the Customer Satisfaction, QMS, and interfaces with our OEM customer quality teams.
Ensures processes meet the requirements of customer, ISO/TS-16949, and EQS by working with customers and Eaton facilities to meet customer needs.
Provides leadership to Eaton facilities related to customer quality and expectations.
- Support improvement of key quality metrics (ZMPD PPM, Warranty, Internal PPM, PPAP on time, etc.) regionally.
a. Supporting 8D issues that impact the region
b. Supporting a Six Sigma project whose scope is regional
c. Support Kaizen events or BPIs where his/her expertise is required
- Act as Eaton region primary customer contact responsible for:
a. Notification of customer quality concerns; first responder customer support including onsite travel and representation
b. Coordinating customer containment activities including Eaton plants
c. Support customer focus process by coordinating the communication between the customers and Eaton (also vice versa)
- Within OEM: Prepares and presents both reactive and proactive Quality Improvement Plan presentations within region, including:
a. Coordinate submission of 8D’s when needed
b. Support OEM PPM roadmap
c. Support and coordinate containment activities and problem solving
- Within Eaton: Manages containment and corrective actions in order to:
a. Support customer focus
b. Improve customer satisfaction
c. Review and resolve discrepancies between OEM and Eaton Quality scorecards.
d. Maintain and communicate Customer Satisfaction to the organization
Support Customer Focus processes within region. Perform as a back-up when Customer Focus meeting review lead is absent.
Support Fresh Eyes audits as required.
Support changes to Customer Specific Requirements.
Support deployment for Change Control Process
Perform relationship reviews with customers
Participates in and leads OEM Installation assessments as needed
- Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)*
The competency of knowledge, practice and application of the Product / Process and Quality System standards of the International Certification Bodies, Industry specific Regulatory Authorities and Customers contractually specified Quality Requirements.
- Product/Process Quality Planning (Advanced Quality Planning; AQP) is the ability to strategically define the Critical to Quality elements of a product/process, and the knowledge to effectively analyze, assess and mitigate the risks associated with any potential failures.
Educational Degree and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field
• 13 Years progressive quality experience.
• Experience in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Sharepoint a plus)
• Experience with truck/auto components preferred
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
JOBTITLE: Customer Service Engineer
DIVISION: Corporate Sector