HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Charge - (RN) -Medical Unit in Snellville, Georgia
_Eastside Medical Center – Snellville, GA_
_Registered Nurse Charge (RN) – Medical Unit_
Eastsideis a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside Medical Centerhas been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women’s services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health.
Eastside Medical Centeris currently looking for aRegistered Nurse Charge (RN) – Medical Unit
- Demonstrates responsibility for all nursing care delivered on the shift.
- Coordinates assignments and provides resources for nursing care.
- Ensures that the patient care assignments record is complete and nursing care is completed.
- Assesses the skills of the staff and the needs of the patients while making nursing care assignments.
- Reinforces and supports unit and organizational goals.
- Provides input to Director/Coordinator on performance of the team members on assigned shift.
- Bases decisions on sound nursing judgment and meets nursing standards of care.
- Assists in education development of staff members.
- Understands hospital Patient Satisfaction and Customer Relations programs and the priority placed on daily interaction of all employees with respect to hospital mission and shared values.
- Manages concerns of patients, physicians, families, visitors, and all customers.
- Communicates with the nursing supervisor, Clinical Coordinates, or Director regarding concerns and issues encountered on the shift.
- Possesses leadership skills to lead, teach, guide, and assist, in the evaluation of staff on the shift.
- Provides or coordinates preceptorship of new employees and students.
- Assists in ongoing staff development; can assess limitations of employees and provide appropriate clinical experience and educational opportunities.
- Assists in cross-training of employees within the department.
- Accepts responsibility of position and demonstrates authority to direct employees.
- Provides follow-up on performance issues and provides timely feedback to improve knowledge and skills of employees.
- Demonstrates age specific care to the patient population served as per RN position description and assures appropriate age specific care is provided on the shift.
Qualifications:· Current Georgia RN license. · Three (3) years’ experience as RN in acute care nursing preferred · BLS – American Heart Association – required · ACLS – American Heart Association - preferred · Good communication skills · Good computer skills
Title: Registered Nurse Charge - (RN) -Medical Unit
Location: Georgia-Snellville-Eastside Medical Center - Snellville
Requisition ID: 08621-9645