Catalent Pharma Solutions Associate Buyer/Planner in Somerset, New Jersey
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities: * Maintain effectiveness of the Quality System components relevant to this position. * Responsible for the supply of all materials to support production at Somerset facility. * Identifies issues and resolves problems regarding material assigned to them to manage. Supports problem resolution and communication to all affected internal customers (QA, Operations, Scheduling, Customer Service, and Finance)
* Collects data to support measuring supplier performance. Participates in the preparation of quarterly supply reviews with suppliers
* Holds weekly review with their assigned suppliers on up-coming deliveries & future demand
* Provides their suppliers with supply forecasts, 12 month rolling.
* Operations contact for materials flow for their assigned materials
* Maintains KANBAN and VMI min-max order points
* Issues purchase orders (PO) to Suppliers, based on input from JDE
* Monitors and adjusts open PO’s and supplier commitments. Resolves 3-way match issues to ensure timely supplier payment.
Planning: * Performs material planning for assigned materials using JDE reports * Maintains inventory levels consistent with site policies and goals. Quarterly adjusts safety stock levels in JDE based on self analysis of inventory levels * Maintains Item Masters, BOMs, routes and other associated supply chain data
Projects: * Supports launch activities as directed for new products. * Provides support for supply chain projects as needed. * Supports the implementation of new/improved processes/procedures. * Other duties as assigned.
Financial: * Review excess & obsolete inventory and provides supporting data to seek customer reimbursement * Monitor inventory levels for raw materials assigned to them in order to ensure site meets inventory targets. Adjust purchasing activities to support inventory management objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in similar role. Including production planning, inventory control
- Minimum 1 years in pharmaceutical industry or demonstration of adequate knowledge of controls and requirements in a pharmaceutical environment
- 1 years previous experience working with MRP systems
- APICS Certification a plus
- Ability to read, understand and act on MRP reports, stock status reports and material variance reports
- Must possess appropriate communication skills allowing direct interaction with outside suppliers, production operations and management
- Works well in a team environment.
- Able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Be organized. Maintain good records, and be able to access them rapidly. Understand where information can be found.
- Demonstrate a bias toward action. Get things done. Foster teamwork to get results.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak clear English.
- Demonstrated mathematical ability.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Physical Requirements:
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen, writing, talking, listening
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, carrying, reaching with hands and arms
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 20 pounds
- Business Environment:
- Performance driven
- Customer focused
- Collaborative and inclusive
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be inherent to this position. Catalent may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees, consistent with company policy.
Catalent Pharma Solutions is the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. With over 80 years serving the industry, Catalent has proven expertise in bringing more customer products to market faster, enhancing product performance and ensuring reliable clinical and commercial product supply. Catalent is headquartered in Somerset, N.J. For more information, visit www.catalent.com
More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied.™
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email along with the job number and title to Jobs@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Organization: Advanced Delivery Technologies (ADT)
Title: Associate Buyer/Planner
Requisition ID: 0020414