Catalent Pharma Solutions Process Technician (3rd Shift) in Somerset, New Jersey
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Works on the repair and maintenance of process equipment in the Pilot Plant and R&D areas.
- Exhibits technical breadth in electronics and electrical controls, mechanisms, material handling, and facilities controls including pneumatics and water systems.
- Oversee and assure the successful start-up of new equipment, readies the new equipment for validation.
- As necessary, assists in the validation of equipment
- Ensures all equipment is maintained per SOPs and Planned Maintenance (PM) schedules
- Interpret, evaluate, communicate and properly document the results of repairs work e.g. Work Order reports
- Be an effective technical leader for designated areas of responsibility
- Interface with the engineers to ensure root cause analysis and equipment CAPAs
- Writes maintenance SOPs
- Writes maintenance PMFs
- Recommends calibration and repaid procedures
- Coordinate with R & , Pilot Plant, QC, QA and other groups, activities necessary to ensure project repair requirements are met.
- Assist in the training, development, and evaluation of any Pilot Plant personnel whose work he/she directs.
- Keep abreast of scientific and engineering literature, which may have relevance to PTSC technologies.
- Performs other miscellaneous technical and administrative duties as required to meet company objectives.
- Comply with Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities for the position
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education: * AAS preferred in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology with related science experience
Experience: * 5-10 years experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry particularly in the manufacture or development of oral dosage forms i.e. solutions, suspensions, microemulsions, tablets and capsules preferred.
Knowledge/ Skills: * Knowledge and application of scientific principles and techniques. Must be able to maintain and repair highly complex equipment. Exposure to computer software associated with word processing and spreadsheets a must.
Physical/ Mental Requirements: * Mathematical and reasoning ability * Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule form ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines. Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0 - 75 pounds. * Be accessible to laboratory and pilot plant area(s) and office staff ti use required office equipment. * Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
Work Environment: * Individuals primary workstation is located in the office and laboratory areas where the noise level is low. * Employee will be present on the manufacturing floor where the noise level is low to moderate.
Catalent Pharma Solutions is the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. With over 80 years serving the industry, Catalent has proven expertise in bringing more customer products to market faster, enhancing product performance and ensuring reliable clinical and commercial product supply. Catalent is headquartered in Somerset, N.J. For more information, visit www.catalent.com
More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied.™
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email along with the job number and title to Jobs@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Organization: Advanced Delivery Technologies (ADT)
Title: Process Technician (3rd Shift)
Requisition ID: 0020304