Riverside Community Care Early Head Start Home Visitor Supervisor in Somerville, Massachusetts
Exciting opportunity to join Riverside Community Care as a Home Visitor Supervisor for our Early Head Start Program!
The Home Visitor Supervisor supervises Home Visitors engaging them in reflective supervision, conducts administrative supervision and will be responsible for the orientation process for Home Visitors.
We are looking for a great candidate that has the following competencies:
- Pursues training and development opportunities as required by the Early Head Start program and the Head Start Re-Authorization Act of 2007; strives to continually build knowledge and skills
- Has knowledge of early childhood education, principles of child health, safety, and nutrition; adult learning principles; and family dynamics
- Is able to communicate and motivate people
- Has knowledge of community resources and the skills to link families to appropriate agencies and services
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views
- Gives and welcomes feedback
- Treats families with respect; inspires the trust of others
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in paperwork
Riverside offers an outstanding staff training program, excellent supervision, competitive salary, benefits package and career advancement opportunities!
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle required
Fluent in Spanish, Portuguese or Haitian Creole preferred Required Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Education or related field; Masters preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in supervision required, prior experience in Social Work, Counseling or other related field preferred
- Early Head Start/Head Start experience a plus
- Experience with families with very young children and pre-natal women preferred
- Experience with low-income families preferred
- Experience with immigrant population preferred
Tracking Code: 1387-709
Job Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular