Lear Corporation Dimensional Engineer (Specializing in GD&T application) in Southfield, Michigan
- Perform Dimensional Management duties required to complete program objectives within program timing.
- Support plants in root causing dimensional issues and support quality build initiatives.
- Define Quality Inspection plans for seating components & assemblies.
Position Specific Requirements: Major Job Results:
- Develop dimensional strategies to meet internal and external objectives through the use of predictive analysis tools and lessons learned.
- Support Model Based Definition initiatives and increase product quality through proven methods and lessons learned.
- Define Inspection process thorough the use of Polyworks software
Specific Skills, Knowledge and Behavioral Characteristics:
- Develop datum strategies, dimensional specifications, and measurement plans
- Strong ability to understand, create, apply, and interpret GD&T; per ASME Y14.5-2009 standard.
- Review & approval of dimensional specs, gaging methods, & measurement systems for suppliers
- Interpret variable data to determine process capability
- Experience with seat design and manufacturing processes, metal stamping, and injection molding
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts and statistical process control
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook experience
- Experience with E-GDT/PMI/FTA/MBD (Model Based Definition) preferred.
- Experience with any version of UGNX (9.0) or CATIA V5 r18 - 24 CAD system preferred
- Experience with Polyworks Inspection software.
- Must know GD&T;
- Must be familiar with ASME Y14.9 -2009 standard
- Must have working knowledge of VSA (Variation Simulation Analysis)
- Have ability to perform 2d & 3d tolerance stack studies
Tracking Code: 251050
Job Location: Southfield, Michigan, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Job Title: Job Title
Title: Job Title