BASF Financial Analyst in Southfield, Michigan
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
This position is within BASF Colors & Effects USA LLC, a 100% wholly owned subsidiary of BASF Corporation. BASF Colors & Effects produces a broad portfolio of colorants and effect pigments in 13 sites globally. Based on their chemical expertise in the coatings, plastics, printing, cosmetics and agriculture markets, BASF’s experts offer consultative solutions. Fueled by entrepreneurial spirit, they enable innovation and growth. For our customers and our company: We live colors. We boost effects. For more information about Colors & Effects, visitwww.colors-effects.basf.com.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to provide financial analysis inprofitability, forecasting, planning, and fixed costs for a Global Business unit within BASF.
Financial Analyst (1603131)
You will be a key contributor in a group that supports Business Unit management, sales, marketing, product management, and manufacturing with financial, economic, and cost accounting expertise to improve business decisions. You will monitor actual performance to the operational plan / prior year performance highlighting problem areas requiring management attention and recommending solutions. You will support the month-end closing process by analyzing the P&L, sales results, raw material costs, and fixed cost centers to ensure accuracy in the financial results. You will also provide continuous development of system tools to assist in analytics, including large, enterprise-wide systems as well as localized custom reporting.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Review monthly financial data for accuracy during and after closing, and identify topics requiring management attention as well as opportunities for improvement.
- Perform various ad-hoc analyses as business circumstances or management requirements dictate.
- Monitor key raw materials for monthly forecasting and margin impact analysis.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable Overdue balances and work proactively with BASF Collections staff to minimize overdue accounts.
- Proactively identify and implement opportunities for process efficiencies to improve overall business and financial operations.
- Ensure the highest standards of integrity and professionalism are maintained by self while also implementing any required internal controls.
- Support the Pigments Global Business Unit along with appropriate regional reporting and analysis.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- BS or BA degree required. Bachelor degrees within the accounting, finance, economics, and aligned disciplines or those within a technical discipline (engineering, chemistry, etc.) are strongly preferred; MBA degree or progress toward one is also advantageous.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of financial analysis experience, ideally in a global, process-driven manufacturing company.
- Strong data analysis skills, be comfortable working with large datasets, and have an aptitude for learning systems and applications.
- Familiarity with MS Office software and SAP or similar ERP systems is essential. Significant experience using MS Excel pivot tables, V-lookups, as well as MS Access is advantageous.
- Experience working with budgeting and forecasting processes is advantageous.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to think and act on both strategic and tactical levels.
- Broad-based knowledge of accounting theory and practice including manufacturing process cost accounting, general ledger, financial statement preparation, budgeting, and internal controls preferred.
Job: CONT - Controlling
Title: Financial Analyst
Requisition ID: 1603131