Washington State Administrator (WMS2 6200W) Spokane in Spokane, Washington
**The closing date of this recruitment has been extended and is now open until filled. Applicant review begins on October 20, 2016. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
Note: This is a Washington Management Service (WMS) Band 2 employment opportunity.**
The Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for an Administrator at WorkSource Spokane. The Administrator is responsible for planning, coordinating, negotiating, developing, implementing and maintaining a delivery model that supports the mission, vision and strategic plans of the Employment Security Department, Employment Connections (EC) division and the Spokane Workforce Development Council.
This position is responsible for the administration and delivery of agency and WorkSource system services and program operations, the attainment of system and programmatic performance goals, compliance with agency, system, state, and federal policies and laws, and management of ESD staff assignments, training, and development within allocated budgetary resources. This position is responsible for responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs) to procure outside funding and develop, plan, negotiate, and manage local contracts, resource-sharing agreements, interagency agreements, leases, data sharing agreements, etc.
This position is responsible for the growth and development of partnerships with government agencies, the business sector, economic development organizations, labor, community-based organizations, community service groups and educational training providers to enhance the area's economy and community support for agency services and operations.
- Directs all ESD basic service operations within WorkSource Spokane.
- Assures timely customer services within budgetary resources, the attainment of all programmatic goals and staff assignments, training and development.
- Develops and enhances community partnerships with government agencies, the business sector, economic development organizations, labor, community-based organizations, and community service groups and educational training providers.
- Develops and manages continuous improvement activities within the Center to assure high quality services are provided to our WorkSource systems' customers.
- Assures WorkSource Spokane has a safe and secure working environment. Qualifications
Required Education, Experience, and Competencies
- A Bachelor's Degree and 5 years' experience managing staff in a diverse, multi-functional, customer-focused service delivery environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master's degree may substitute for 2 years' experience.
- Knowledge of strategic and operational business planning principles and processes and performance outcomes measurement.
- Ability to demonstrate and promote leadership characteristics/attributes, motivate and inspire employees, serve as a role model for quality leadership behaviors. Ability to set clear and reasonable expectations and gain support and buy-in
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, peers, partners and elected officials using a variety of methods including oral and written forms of communication.
- Ability to interact with others in an amicable and professional manner.
- Assess and evaluate performance and work behaviors and establish a respectful and productive work environment based on trust.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and performance goals, assess data to identify trends and characteristics influencing operational or performance outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of workforce development and economic development. Demonstrated knowledge of national, community service, employment, training, and/or social services programs.
- Ability to effectively safeguard agency financial resources by consistently following applicable fiscal guidelines, regulations, principles, and standards. Desired Education, Experience, and Competencies
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Human Resources,
- Collective Bargaining Agreements,
- American with Disabilities Act (ADA),
- Legislative processes and implementation requirements,
- Public Disclosure Laws,
- Fiscal management principles and procedures, and
- Project management: plan, develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate various special projects, pilots, and initiatives. Supplemental Information
Attach the following documents to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field):
- Letter of interest describing how you meet the requirements of the position
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Other Information For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-07853
Department: Employment Security Department
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $68,676.00 - $85,000.00 Annually
Location: Spokane County – Spokane, WA