Washington State DSHS Developmental Disability Administrator in Spokane, Washington
Become A Part of the Solution....
Region 1 North State Operated Living Alternatives (SOLA) is currently recruiting for a dynamic and motivated Developmental Disabilities Administrator located in Spokane, WA.
You will be responsible for Program and Standard Operating Procedures, quality assurance and compliance with certification required for the SOLA program.
Some of what you will be doing:
- Direct the work activities of the unit/team; set goals and priorities; orient and train new staff; monitor and assign caseloads and other work assignments.
- Organize the work environment and prioritize work assignments priority assignments as directed by management.
- Conduct investigations and respond to inquiries and called for from higher authorities.
- Serve as acting SOLA Administrator in the latter's absence.
- Assign make recommendations for hiring, supervise, train and evaluates staff within a collective bargaining labor environment.
- Develop, plan, implement and monitor SOLA Quality Assurance standards to ensure compliance with DDA policy, WAC certification requirements and the Residential Service Guidelines.
- Complete regular quality assurance visits at varying times of day and days to all SOLA homes to ensure participants care is provided per RCW, WAC, policy and residential service guideline requirements.
- Consult on individual cases and complex problems/issues with participants.
- Review participant files to assess for overall quality of file document; identify areas for improvement and opportunities for better service coordination.
- Ensure SOLA Program compliance with certification requirements; Residential Services Guidelines and DSHS and DDA policies.
- Provide consultation and training for staff; assures delivery of services to clients as indicated in the support and service plans.
- Understand and follow RCWs, WACs policies and procedures and PDF pertaining to duties of position.
- Develop, plan, and monitor safety plans for employees, ensuring requirements are met for Labor and Industries enforced activities.
Other duties as assigned. Required Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's degree in behavioral sciences, special education, business administration, public administration, or other related fields; AND
Four years of professional experience in human services field of which:
- Two years involved individuals with developmental disabilities or other handicapping conditions;
- One year of supervisory or administrative or professional program service delivery responsibility; Graduated training may be substituted, year for year, for the required experience. Supplemental Information
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
For questions about this recruitment please refer to project number 10041 please contact Sharon Sterling at (360) 725-5861 or via email at Sharon.email@example.com.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10041 XZ61E
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/31/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,208.00 - $5,522.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County – Spokane, WA