Mercy Health STNA / Nursing Assistant TCU PT-Oakwood Village in Springfield, Ohio
STNA / Nursing Assistant TCU PT-Oakwood Village
Job ID: 4639767
Updated: October 11, 2016
Geographic Location: Springfield
Location: Springfield, OH, United States
Department: Transitional Care Unit
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 24
State Tested Nursing Assistant – STNA (Healthcare)
As a nursing assistant, you always put the patient first. At Mercy Health, we need your passion for our patients. We’re a faith-based healthcare organization that gives care to those who need it the most. And we’re looking for people just like you to join our team.
We need STNAs that share our commitment to giving our patients the best care possible. You’ll work in new facilities and use state-of-the-art equipment. You’ll also get the hours you need to maintain your STNA certification, and you’ll get the chance to grow professionally. You’ll learn from some of the best and most experienced caregivers in the healthcare industry. Both full and part time positions are available, and no lifting is required.
As a STNA at Mercy Health, you’ll care for patients under the guidance of a registered nurse or other health care professional.
You’ll also need to:
- Care for residents who need assistance or total care, and help with activities of daily living.
- Share information with health care team members.
- Provide the best customer service to patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Be professional in appearance, demeanor and communication.
- Provide accurate, precise and timely patient care documentation, when needed.
You’re caring, compassionate and engaging. These are all things we’re looking for. We also want your solid caregiving skills and desire to make sure patients have the best outcomes. Things move quickly around here, so you’ll need to be flexible, organized and able to problem solve. Plus, you need top-notch communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with a diverse population.
Specifically, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or GED
- STNA certification
- Proficiency with multiple computer programs
- Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities
- Willingness to be exposed to blood, bodily fluids and tissue
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays, as necessary
The following are preferred:
- Long-term care facility experience
- CPR and first aid training
- Restorative nursing experience
Join our team, and you’ll have access to cutting-edge technology. You’ll rub elbows with the best-of-the-best in over 100 specialties. And you’ll be part of an organization that includes 23 hospitals and more than 450 locations in Ohio and Kentucky. Because we’re so large, you have plenty of room to advance and grow. We’re ready to invest in your future through training and professional development. So you can improve your skills, develop new ones and move up the healthcare ladder.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b)
- Plenty of paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible scheduling
- Onsite orientation
- Fitness center
- And a lot more
24 hours per week
Must be willing to work some weekends & holidays.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
PLEASE NOTE your application must be completed to be considered for employment:
To complete the application process, please complete the People Answers assessment that follows after you have submitted your application. This assessment will take approximately 45 minutes to complete. Thank you!